Community UMC Naperville
Summary of Position:
Works closely with Lead Pastor to provide pastoral care for all ages in the congregation and engages in senior outreach ministry for the community. Supports the vision of a congregation that welcomes people of all ages, races, ethnicities, cultures, genders, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identities, economic conditions, physical or mental abilities. The actual hours may vary week to week depending on the pastoral care needs of the community. Hourly compensation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Contacts all persons in the weekly eNews prayer list by phone or email
* Makes hospital or nursing home visits as needed
* Provides pastoral care when the Lead Pastor is away for conferences or trips including conducting funerals.
* Coordinates with the volunteer Care Ministry Team
* Assists the Lead Pastor with the annual Wisdom Service that recognizes senior members of the congregation aged 90 or over.
* Provides worship and sacraments for the senior communities in Naperville (once or twice a month).
* Leads a support group for people who have experienced loss or are dealing with severe illness. Conducts a half hour devotion and assists with two discussion groups, one for patients and one for caregivers.
* Background in Christian tradition and an approach that is compatible with United Methodist doctrine and Community UM church.
* Experience working with elderly people and people experiencing severe health issues and loss.
Organization: Community UMC Naperville
Contact: Evie Burke
Closing Date: 08/28/2022
- Diseases And Disorders
- Discussion Groups