To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, MO 64125
- Dawn Martin
- Phone: 816-788-7434
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Custom Truck One Source • Kansas City, MO
Posted 1 month ago
As an Accounting Manager, you will play a key role in the accounting functions of the organization. This position is responsible for identifying process improvements, reviewing deliverables for the year end audit, managing cross-regional and cross-functional accounting initiatives, and performing standard monthly and quarterly close activities. Monthly responsibilities include preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, review of inventory and WIP and creating any correcting entries, and the analysis of financial statement variances and trends. This position interacts regularly with senior management of the organization, inside and outside of accounting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establish and maintain a process for inventory tracking, accounting, and review.
• Prepare journal entries and imports throughout the month and assist with monthly close.
• Analyze account balances, prepare reconciliations, and propose adjusting entries as needed to ensure proper application of US GAAP.
• Assess efficiency and effectiveness of business and accounting processes. Investigate best practices, suggest improvements, and assist with implementation of process changes.
• Assist with the year-end audit, providing detailed reconciliations, roll-forwards, and analyses of account balances and trends.
• Initiate and maintain process documentation for all areas of responsibility. Update as needed.
• Ensure that all deliverables comply with external regulatory guidance and professional standards.
• Skillfully use computerized accounting and financial management systems.
• Identify problem areas or situations, evaluate root cause(s), and take appropriate action to resolve issues.
• Assists in the annual budgeting process
• Other analysis and special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting
• CPA preferred
• 5 to 7 years of accounting experience, manufacturing or inventory experience preferred
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
• Stable work history
• High level of intellectual curiosity and a continuous improvement mindset
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
• Comprehensive understanding of US GAAP
• Highly motivated individual who can work independently
• Team player who doesn’t mind digging into the details if the situations calls for it
• Must possess and demonstrate the highest level of personal integrity and professional judgment.
• Must be able to work in a collaborative and respectful manner with all levels within the organization, from senior management to operating personnel.
Custom Truck One Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.