- Process new referrals that arrive directly to the program in the manor best fitting the needs of the referral source.
- Participates in morning check in meeting with designated Admissions Coordinator to review staffing/scheduling needs for the day. Call to be completed prior to 9am local time.
- Participates in morning check-in meeting with Admissions Manager to review staffing/scheduling needs for the day. Check-in to be completed prior to 9am local time.
- Provides a concierge level of customer service to every caller by implementing the VITAS Call Center Quality Management standards of call scripting
- Supports Admissions team to exceed program goals.
- Establishes a rapport and maintains an effective relationship with all internal and external Vitas customers.
- Enters accurate information to support data integrity in VITAS computer applications.
- Responds accurately to all questions received regarding services provided by Vitas.
- Offers and/or confirms a same day appointment and/or the appointment time that is as close as possible based on the request of the patient and/or referral source to ensure a timely admission.
- Escalates matters to Admissions Manager when assistance or clarification is needed.
- Follows the VITAS Admissions Standard for contingency staffing
- Participates in ongoing training and development based on the changing healthcare environment.
- Notifies Admissions Staff of all scheduled appointments within their working hours of 8am-8pm local time.
- Notifies VITAS Marketing Representatives of all new referrals within their working hours of 8am-8pm local time.
- Utilizes Appointments Everywhere to effectively facilitate the scheduling/updating of appointments.
- Two or more years related experience in medical terminology and/or in a call center environment
- Ability to attain goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining strong partnering relationships with internal and external callers
- Superior ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the customer interaction to include both verbally and in writing to provide a concierge level of service
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems and a variety of software packages, and type minimum 45 wpm
- Prior experience in working collaboratively with other functional leaders to drive action plans.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple responsibilities and work on various assignments simultaneously
- Model positive behaviors that are focused on supporting: integrity, valuing diversity, innovation, building relationships, customer focus and teamwork.
- Ability to communicate tactfully with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus
- Medical or business office education or training desired
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
VITAS® Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end-of-life care, and has the resources and expertise to support your personal and professional growth. As a member of the VITAS team, you’ll find fulfillment working for a people-focused organization dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others. You will be more than just an employee: You will be counted on as an expert in your field, and as a valued team member whose efforts are respected and vital to our hospice mission.
All VITAS employees commit to fulfilling their duties and responsibilities with the highest regard for professionalism, collaboration and teamwork, and an eye focused constantly on growth and improvement. We serve with commitment and compassion, and position ourselves for the future by embracing, innovating, and leading change. If you are that person, make your voice heard—find your purpose at VITAS today.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Many of our positions offer the opportunity to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Choose a Career with VITAS
- Call Centers
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service