To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Springfield, OH 45502
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Field Service Documentation
Konecranes • Springfield, OH
Posted 2 months ago
Other Great Industries
Engineering, Installation - Maint - Repair, Manufacturing
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: United States (US)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
POSITION TITLE: Manager - Field Service Documentation
LOCATION: USA - existing BA Service hub preferred e.g. Milwaukee, Springfield, Charlotte
Other countries and central locations may be considered
REPORTS TO: Director, Field Service Products
The Manager - Field Service Documentation ensures quality and scope of content in field service documentation. This role focuses on creation of clearly documented content and proper storage in our document systems, including version control, translation requests, and review cycles.
Content examples include : instruction (SOPs), communication, technical information, etc. The position is on the global Customer Experience & Service Offering team, within Business Area Service. There is regular interaction with international colleagues and some travel.
- Contributes and participates in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) by coordination with subject matter experts, experienced technicians or through personal development. This includes writing or reviewing, organizing and publishing content.
- Participates in reference groups and other forums to share ideas for new content development. Provides feedback from the field and push for continuous improvement of the field service technical documentation.
- Technical editing and writing in support of SOP development.
- Maintains list of SOPs under development, as well as next requested, coordinating with our regions.
- Manages review cycle of SOPs and related how-to videos. Helps resolve comments with assistance from technical experts.
- Manages translation process to expand SOP availability globally
- Adds SOPs to document repository (Alfresco) ensuring proper keywords/metadata and completeness of documents being added. Ensures revision control.
- Collaborates with the global Crane Maintenance & Information Design group to ensure manuals storage is up-to-date.
- Works with a marketing vendor publish the SOPs and other materials on an approved template.
- Ensures tidiness of documents displaying in the Field Service Documents platform.
- Maintains country regulation cards in the Service Handbook. Review with relevant experts and update annually or as needed.
- Maintains component fault, risk and recommendation table used in the inspection and preventive maintenance of equipment. Consult with operations, service processes, technical training and technical experts to ensure technical accuracy and appropriateness of the assigned risks and recommendations as well as improve data capture rate in the field and data quality.
- Assists with building training materials in collaboration with the training group as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in engineering preferred; however extensive practical experience and/or military training will be considered in lieu of a degree.
EXPERIENCE: Past work experience with field service projects and technical documentation.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must understand general mechanical and electrical principles and be willing to work with field service personnel. Above average verbal and written communication skills. Organized and detail-oriented. Fluent computer skills. Approximately 10 to 30% travel required including occasional international. Good driving record. Must possess a team-player work ethic and be a self-starter.
#MONUS #CBUS #NXT
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. .
Job ID: 26305806
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.