To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Albany, OH
- Zachary McPherson
- Phone: 6149321326
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Electrical Engineer I
Aerotek • New Albany, OH
Posted 1 month ago
Engineer I (0-2 years experience)
- Seeking a person that is looking for an opportunity to work as an electrical engineer in the power utility industry.
- Continuously monitor and address quality of data necessary to perform real-time monitoring and assessments
- Continuously monitor reliability systems (e.g., State Estimator, RTCA, STNET, LODF, PhasorPoint, VSAT, QKNET) and take actions as necessary to ensure solution accuracy of results in order to maintain reliability.
- Respond to unexpected events such as suspect real-time data feeds from ICCP, SCADA, interruption of data exchange between systems, partial failures of one or more of the systems.
- Work with PJM, SPP and ERCOT with regards to solution or model differences as seen in real-time.
- Develop/maintain a reference manual of best practices for parameters settings used in real-time support of state estimator and other reliability tools.
- Work with Operations Engineering on any changes needed concerning ratings, impedance, contingencies, etc. in real-time.
- Work closely with EMS modeling group concerning NMU/database changes.
- Develop and maintain reports to track performance metrics against approved KPI's.
- Will work within a team environment with Transmission Operations Electrical Engineers.
- This is a brand new facility. Will work in an office environment monitoring the grid.
- Very modern and technical atmosphere where team work is highly encouraged.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's degree in engineering in a program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). [Acceptable alternatives are (1) a Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET), plus a Professional Engineers (PE) license in any state of the U.S. or (2) a Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET) independently evaluated and found to be equivalent to an engineering degree awarded by a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.] Passing the Fundamentals of Engineering examination in preparation for future licensing as a Professional Engineer (PE) is encouraged and preferred.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.