Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Located 16 miles south west of Chicago, Bedford Park is a village in Cook County, Illinois. The population was 580 at the 2010 census. Bedford Park consists of a small residential area and vast amounts of heavy industry sprawling to the east and a small amount to the west.
Pactiv Bedford Park is a leading Extrusion/Injection Molding facility that produces plates, straws, cutlery, and wrapped cutlery kits for the food service industry. Built in 1974, our facility has 195,000 total square footage. We host 90 machines including Injection Molding, Extrusion, and Automated Robotic instruments. We produce approximately 75 million pounds annually and over 400,000 SKUs. We employ over 500 full-time and temporary employees who have helped us attain numerous awards including Quality Performer of the year and Safety Excellence.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Human Resource Manager
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws. Responsibilities
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
- Typically supports plant population of 500 plus.
- Act as first point of contact for employees & managers who provides leadership, coaching and support for individual employee needs & HR processes
- Drives HR Recruiting metrics and programs for site including; Talent Acquisition relationship, recruiting strategies, new employee onboarding, AAP, and other compliance reporting
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge and analytical thinking to execute policy/strategy.
- Acts as a resource for employees. Explains information; Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- Provide HR support to plant population and help employees resolve wide variety of issues.
- Coordinate the hiring of new employees and ensure employment decisions follow company policy and employment laws.
- Respond to employee questions and complaints regarding a wide variety of issues (FMLA, work schedules, transfers, promotions, benefits, safety, unfair treatment, performance, personal issues, pay, and company policies).
- Advise Unit Managers and Supervisors to ensure consistent application of corrective action of company policies and standards of conduct.
- Coordinate with Unit Managers to determine hiring needs and ensure proper staffing.
- Conduct investigations.
- Assist with response to EEOC, DOL and unemployment claims.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Human Resource position within a manufacturing setting
- BA/BS degree preferred, in HR or related field.
- Familiarity with employment laws including FMLA, ADA and COBRA.
- Exposure to benefit administration highly desirable.
- Strong computer skills (ability to learn SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) training skills, customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of comfort in conflict resolution situations is required.
Human Resources Information System (Hris)