Genesis10 is seeking a Network Translations Engineer for a leading Telecommunications company. This is direct hire role and must be onsite in Waynesboro, VA.Job Summary:
The Network Translations Engineer designs, builds, and maintains all the translations associated with the Wireline 5ESS switches, Broadworks Soft Switch, and Metaswitch Soft Switches (including Dial Plans, POTs, ISDN BRI svcs, ISDN PRI svcs, Centrex svcs, Trunks, VOIP svcs, and STPs (which support all the lines of business' SS7 routing needs).Job Duties:
- Design and evaluate emerging technology and assist in creating roadmap for future solutions.
- Support Customer Care, Control Center, Network Operations and field Technicians in analyzing/correcting dialing and network troubles.
- Assist managing Centrex, voice mail and paging systems - technical interface to customer applications (design and implementation).
- Work with Marketing and Sales Engineering coordinating product implementation of new services connecting the public switched network to customer switching networks.
- Manage Commercial Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) systems for the Waynesboro Control Center and Genicom, the Tekelec Sentinel SS7 monitor system for trouble shooting, etc.
- 7 to 10 years' engineering experience in Local Exchange Network (voice and data) switching technology.
- Extensive knowledge/training on the Client 5E switching technology, Broadworks soft switch, Metaswitch soft switch, voice mail, and SS7 STPs.
- Key Competencies: strong project management skills, Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, Strong critical thinking, Strong communication skills and written.
Four year degree in computer/electronics related field or equivalent experience in the communications fieldIf you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!About Genesis10:
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
"Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”