We are seeking a Transportation Leader for the Transportation-Infrastructure Practice in South Carolina.
This position would be responsible for marketing and managing roadway design, major transportation projects for SCDOT and County Transportation Programs as well as assisting Region and Practice Leaders in continuing to build the transportation engineering practice in South Carolina. Our Charleston office is the preferred location, however other locations would be acceptable, such as Columbia or Greenville, SC. The ideal candidate will work closely with clients, engineers, and sub-consultants to ensure that their needs are met. Additional responsibilities include: serving as Project Manager for design-related projects, Program Manager or Task Leader for major GEC programs, Project Manager for significant and strategic assignments, implementing quality control procedures for all projects and performing marketing efforts to fulfill the firm’s strategic objectives for the transportation practice.
- Bachelor's or Master's of Engineering degree or other professionally recognized equivalent discipline from an accredited university
- 15+ years of work experience within the field of highway design and/or transportation planning and engineering
- Experience managing a design group
- Professional registration (PE) within the field of engineering with the ability to obtain a South Carolina PE within 6 months
- Knowledge of the Design-Build process
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Highway Design programs (Microstation, Geopak, OpenRoads) required for use in completing assignments
- Experience as a leader in the profession of planning and engineering within the community
- Ability to manage multiple projects, as well as, design teams, staff, and clients
- Excellent verbal communication skills and marketing experience
- Extensive experience managing highway design, alternative delivery, and/or GEC projects in South Carolina
- Recent experience with and knowledge of SCDOT policies and procedures
- Experience building and managing a design or program management team
- Proven ability and desire in the areas of marketing, business development, quality management and associate development
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
From managed toll lanes and long-range corridor plans to complex interchanges, major roadway, and segmental bridge designs, our teams provide the highest quality planning, environmental and engineering design solutions to our clients. Each day, we partner with transportation agencies and local governments across the country to keep our communities moving and improving the overall quality of life. By joining our team, you too can lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- Build Process
- Business Development
- Highway Design
- Micro Station