Volt Workforce Solutions is seeking an experienced Accounts Receivable Clerk for a reputable company in Northern, Colorado.
Summary of Duties: Prepares and documents all accounts receivable activities and acts as back-up for accounts payable and payroll functions. Performs simple repetitive accounting work in accordance with well-defined procedures under close supervision and guidance; tasks are usually limited to basic accounting and to general clerical duties related to accounting.
- Checks and verifies regular entry detail for accounts receivable, prepares bank deposits, posts data to ledgers, handles petty cash.
- Receives and records payments and posts cash receipts to customer accounts.
- Prepares bank deposits.
- Prepares documentation for returned items.
- Determines credit terms for customers. Negotiates credit extensions when necessary.
- Arranges for debt repayment or establishes repayment schedules based on customer financial situations.
- Performs collections of past due invoices. Locates and monitors overdue accounts and notifies customers of delinquent accounts to solicit payment.
- Handles petty cash transactions and reconciliation.
- Acts as back up for accounts payable: prepares supplier invoices for entry, records and posts supplier invoices, classifies expenses to correct accounts and departments when necessary, prints and posts cash disbursements.
- General typing, calculating, filing of records, credit approvals, credit blocks, RMA’s collections (work is subject to close check and verification)
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs basic filing duties for the accounting department.
- Acts as back-up for accounts payable functions.
- Other duties as assigned, verbal and written.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One year certificate from college or technical School; Associates Degree from a 2 year college or technical school preferred
- 2 or more years of accounting experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills. Ability to comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Basic math skills (i.e. ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent).
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems word processing, managing files and records.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Proficient in use and navigation of Windows operating system in a networked environment. Functional understanding of Outlook E-mail, Word and Excel.
- Proficient in ERP Software (IFS) Financial executable.
Volt Workforce Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Data Entry Positions
Excel Spreadsheet Creation
Data Processing Needs