The Interstate Family of Companies encompasses five distinct companies that provide global transportation, supply chain logistics and relocation management solutions to individuals, corporations and government agencies. At Interstate we offer a strong benefits package, competitive salaries and opportunities for growth and development.
The Senior HRG carries out duties and responsibilities in the following functional areas:
• Manages day to day personnel issues in accordance with company policies and procedures. Assists and advises company managers about HR issues, compliance, and the application of HR best practices.
• Responsible for Benefits Administration and Reporting
• Monitors J1 & H2B Visa’s and Romania H2B Guest Worker Summer Program and handles day-to-day immigration related matters.
• Responsible for coordination and posting of all immigration related notifications and reporting
• Organize and track immigration service and filing costs related to visas applications.
• Handle travel and employment verification for foreign nationals.
• HRIS & ATS Administrator and company Subject Matter Expert
• Responsible for compliance and all required Federal and State reporting with AAP, EEO, VETS, ACA, 5500, etc.
• Prepares monthly and periodic reports such as turnover, time-to-fill, dashboard, etc. Report writer and custom report tool use. Provide reports for HRD and other Senior Management.
• Partners with Finance/Payroll and Broker contact in the preparation of Annual 401(k) Reporting and 401(k) Audit.
Compensation, Training and Benefits
• Review and lead company compensation strategies, including merit and performance based compensation. Analyze market rates and trends to track and address competitiveness in the market and impact on employee engagement.
• Responsible for timely and effective employee review, and evaluation process including compensation adjustments.
• Responsible for knowledge of all pertinent regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, and SECTION 125.
• Ensures employee understanding of benefits programs, by regularly generating communication and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise.
• Resolves employee cares or concerns related to health and welfare plans, refers difficult or very complex issues to HR Director as needed.
• Partners and assists Director of HR with Learning & Development Programs.
Benefits Administration and Reporting
Responsible for the administration and oversite of health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations.
Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping, proper deductions and reporting.
• A minimum of 3 years of compensation and benefits administration experience
• 2 plus years’ experience in the administration of Guest Worker Programs (H-2B, J-1 Visas etc.)
• 2 plus years’ experience tracking expenses, travel and maintaining compliance records for Guest Worker Programs.
• Compliance and reporting experience with AAP, EEO, VETS, ACA, 5500, etc.
• Power-user of HRIS, LMS and ATS systems. Previous system implementation experience is highly desired; prefer UltiPro and ADP system experience.
• Solid knowledge of COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, HIPAA, and related state and federal regulations is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree and 7-9 years of Human Resources experience is highly desired, OR a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management and 3 years of experience in the HR field, OR eight years of experience in the HR field, OR any similar combination of education and experience.
• CEBS, CCP, PHR or SHRM-CP Certifications highly desired
Interstate provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Human Resources Information System (Hris)
Hr Management Systems