Technical Support Specialist
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will work with customers in resolving technical issues beyond the standard level one support most provide. In this role, you be delivering our best in class support to customers. Providing support via email and phone while accurately diagnosing reported problems within our client’s product environment (notebooks, desktops, and tablets), dispatching parts and service to customer sites as needed. You will also be handling customer escalations with support from our Level 2 Engineers and Technical Account Managers as needed. The ideal candidate will be highly technical and have an inner drive to learn even more as part of a growing team.
• Assist customers and field engineers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical or service related issues
• Troubleshoot to identify hardware and software issues in many different customer environments.
• Advise and educate customers through a combination of experience/documentation to ensure a solution.
• Translate complex technical details/instructions to each customers level
• Provide closed loop feedback on recurring issues with teammates and relevant engineering staff
• Work with Technical Account Managers (TAM) to monitor and track issues to ensure accurate resolution.
• Actively monitor case workload and drive to closure within SLA’s.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a Client Technical Support role
• CompTIA A+ Certification; Knowledge/Experience with Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Products, and Command line troubleshooting; Knowledge/Experience with Network Hardware/Software setup and troubleshooting, including wireless networks; Knowledge/Experience working with Workstations and RAID Storage Arrays; Knowledge/Experience with computer Peripherals and their interfaces; Knowledge/Experience with PC Products (Desktop, Notebook, and Tablets), experience with Lenovo hardware is a plus; Proven hardware and software troubleshooting skills
Proficient communication skills at all levels - written and verbal; Superior customer service skills; Quick learner with a proven ability to learn new and changing technologies; Multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize in a fast paced, dynamic work environment; Able to problem solve and think laterally
Experience within an IT Services environment; Experience diagnosing and repairing computer hardware; Desirable Certifications - MCSE, MCP, CCNA, or TAFE Qualification in a relevant field – or Industry Technical Certifications from a Tier 1 IT Vendor
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)