IA Cedar Rapids
Job Posting Title:
Quality Technician II
- Perform physical and chemical testing on retail products.
- Sample and audit retail and industrial packaging.
- Audit of incoming raw materials.
- Input computer data into laboratory network software.
- Keep current with specifications.
- Identify and segregate Non-Conforming product
- Prepare Quality reports for management review
- Ship out customer retail samples weekly
- Support projects, testing, for other CI teams.
- Provide Quality and/or Food Safety Training
- Perform all lab testing in a safe, professional manner and follow all laboratory safety requirements.
- Be able to complete a Certificate of Analysis for shipments requiring COA's with the load.
- Keep the laboratory clean and maintain work areas in an orderly manner.
- Sample Process or Product streams for analysis.
- Perform tests for project work as requested.
- Work closely with managers, group leaders, union personnel, and fellow technicians to accomplish company goals.
In the event of absence, this position is backed up by other Quality Lab Techs
This position works closely with production staff but does not supervise other roles directly. Qualifications/Education/Experience/Skills:
Education: Science or related degree strongly preferred. Must be good with basic math, personal computer, and have statistical knowledge. Must be proficient with spreadsheet utilization, particularly Excel.
Experience: One to two years technical experience desired, but not necessary if background and interests are evident. Lab experience preferred.
Must possess strong interpersonal / teamwork skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, keyboards, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific visions abilities required by this job include close visions, distance visions, color visions, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to use standard office equipment including copier, scanner, mobile / handle held device, and personal computer. Will also use equipment related to the profession. Will ensure all food safety matters are given full consideration especially when new equipment is introduced.
Must be able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time and lift up to 25 pounds periodically.
Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, keyboards; and reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to talk, hear, climb, reach, walk, sit, stand and use specific vision abilities.
Work environment is a production facility involving moderate to loud noise levels.
Must be able to maintain focus and accuracy in a work area that can involve multiple distractions.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality Technician II. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Packaging And Labeling