To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Morristown, NJ 07960
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CH2M & Jacobs • Morristown, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
For decades, Jacobs Engineering, Inc. has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects.
At Jacobs, our company's reach is extensive. The size, scope and importance of our business require us to be the best at what we do. But, we're only as successful as the people that keep us running day to day. Our Corporate Functions Group gives you an opportunity to be at the core of an industry-leading, global organization. From accounting and marketing to sales and contracts to real estate and facilities, there are many opportunities to bring your talents to a trusted name in the industry. Are you ready?
Our Project Accountant:
- Maintains projects in Oracle according to the company policies and procedures
- Reviews contract terms and associated information to ensure project setup generates appropriate results
- Issues and reviews client invoices to ensure they are in accordance with the contract terms
- Performs monthly reconciliations of billed/unbilled vs. revenue, researches and resolves unexplained reconciling items
- Monitors project balances on Accounts Receivable, Work in Progress and Billing in Excess accounts
- Analyzes and verifies internal consistency, completeness and accuracy of project data, revenue and cost budgets/forecasts
- Provides month-end reporting on project performance including gross margin variances
- Prepares ad hoc journal entries and analyzes specific cost or project account ledgers
- Applies best practices and company policies throughout all phases of a project
- Contacts other departments and outside vendors, suppliers and clients to resolve cross functional pending items
- Provides work leadership for Junior Project Accountants
- Meets weekly, monthly and quarterly deadlines as outlined in company policies and best practices
- Participates in internal and external audit
- Prepares retroactive rate adjustments based on provisional billing rates
- Performs detailed GL analysis and prepares final invoices for federal projects
Ideal candidate will possess a degree in Accounting and have experience in Project. They will be a self-starter with a determination to get the job done, have strong customer focus, and strong analytical skills with an ability to interpret, reconcile and report findings on large volumes of data. They will also have an ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines, have an ability to communicate effectively at all levels, ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, be multi-task oriented with ability to prioritize tasks, be highly organized with an ability to maintain proper records, have advanced Excel skills and have experience with Oracle.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting, is desired but not required
- At least 1 years of professional accounting experience - Can be internship experience
- Working knowledge of ERP system, preferably Oracle
- Familiarity with the government contract compliance regulations found in the FAR, CAS is required
- Detailed orientated with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good time management and organizational skills with ability to manage various deadlines and client requirements
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>