Public Sector Solutions, a division of BakerRipley manages childcare subsidies in support of working parents throughout 60 counties in Texas, provides long-term recovery services for people affected by disasters, manages utility assistance for low-income individuals, and manages Workforce Solutions career offices across the region. Programs in this division are funded by public contracts and our reputation as an efficient and reliable steward of our tax dollars has seen this division grow over the years.
Provides business process analysis, process mapping, and process improvement support to business units focused on delivering government program services. Position goals include increasing standardization of best practices across units, while improving efficiency and reducing organizational risk. Leads as well as serves as analyst for projects to accomplish these goals. Position requires excellent communication and interpersonal leadership skills and the ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks concurrently. Position incorporates lean thinking and other process improvement methodologies into process improvement efforts. Develops and presents training materials and guides for business unit staff. Must be willing to travel up to 50%.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads business units in process improvement and metrics development projects
- Works with the project manager and IT staff to implement information technology tools to support processes
- Supports the development of process metrics, scorecards, and reports to support management of processes and operational performance
- Assists business units in finding inefficiencies/risks and leading the design, implementation, and support of new processes
- Develops an understanding of business unit process needs and goals based on customer requirements
- Works with data reporting staff to produce reports via database queries, including caseload reports for business units, exception reports for use in data correction, and process statistics as needed
- Communicates updates and issues to business units regarding project timelines and progress, newly discovered issues or areas of concern
- Works closely with all levels of management and frontline staff in conducting projects
- Is available for meetings with business units as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, or related field and at least four years of professional experience, or ten years of professional experience 4 years of professional experience, or 10 years of professional experience.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Management experience is strongly preferred. Experience implementing or working with the lean methodology in a service sector environment is preferred.
- Process mapping and development of process metrics
- Communication ability with proven interpersonal and customer skills
- Data analysis
- Ability to develop and present training materials
- Thorough understanding of business process analysis
- Ability to lead and influence others to accomplish projects without direct authority
- Must have strong analytical skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Must be able to take initiative with minimal guidance and be comfortable working both as an individual and as a part of a team
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Process mapping skills in Vision
BakerRipley is committed to the principles of equal employment. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any status protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
Process Analysis (Business)
Business Process Improvement
Business Process Mapping