RN INTAKE/ADMISSIONS COORD BEHAVIORAL HEALTH UNIT PT NIGHTS
100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville NC 28792
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Hendersonville
Join a family of caregivers who provide whole person care; body - mind - spirit, to people living in communities across Western North Carolina.
AdventHealth Hendersonville offers the uncommon compassion of a hometown community hospital powered by the support of a national health care system enabling it to provide services, technologies, and facilities to meet the whole health needs of our communities.
Faith based organization that extends Chris's healing ministry to every person, every time.
Co-workers who feel like family and together deliver on our Service Standards of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy and Own It.
As a part of the more than 1,100 team members who make up AdventHealth Hendersonville, you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth and leadership development.
PT Nights, 24 hours per week
You Will be Responsible For:
- Assesses plans, evaluates and implements admissions for all Behavioral Health units per department specific admission criteria.
- Reports findings to M.D. for final disposition of each call.
- Reports admission data, including preliminary admission diagnosis, medication administration reconciliation date, and estimated arrival information to the Charge RN on the designated inpatient unit.
- Able to determine preliminary discharge planning needs and type of assistance/setting/resources necessary for the patient/family needs and expectations prior to admission.
- Is knowledgeable of criteria for Medicare, Medicaid, JCAHO, HMOs, and private insurance coverage for accurate care services.
What you will need:
- Current North Carolina RN license required.
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to relate well to staff and other professionals required.
Plans, coordinates, and documents admissions for the Behavioral Health Department inpatient units. Working with the admitting physician, ensures compliance of each potential admission with JCAHO, federal and state regulations related to admission criteria for inpatient psychiatric treatment. Performs Utilization Review for each admission as needed and ensures overall compliance with follow-up UR as appropriate.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Basic Life Support