Title: IS Support Technician
Job ID: 19-00301
Location: Huntsville, AL
Pay Rate: Open
Additional Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), company paid holidays and more!
Type of hire: Contract
Shift: 1st Shift
(8:00 A.M. – 4:45 P.M)
The IS Support Technician will be responsible for supporting all IS needs during the first shift at the TMMAL plant. These support duties will range from basic desk side troubleshooting to more complex networking tasks. The position will also be included in the weekend on call rotation schedule and may require some onsite weekend support.
- Setup, configure, troubleshooting of desktop and laptop (Lenovo, Client), mobile devices (smartphones-tablets) printers and plotters.
- Responsible for on-going support of Windows operating systems and Windows applications (example: Outlook, Excel, Word, Power point, MS Project)
- Responsible for maintaining a standard image provided by the Corporate office on user laptops, desktops and peripheral devices which may include smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
- Requires experience with working directly with customers and support of projects.
- Responsible for local coordination, installation, and ongoing support of various Manufacturing/Administrative computer systems.
- Client-side support: PC HW/SW installation and troubleshooting, Printers, Bar code scanners, Video conference, mobile computing and communication devices.
- Server support (Windows), Active Directory administration, implementation/refresh of server hardware and network infrastructure.
- Daily monitoring, troubleshooting& administration of Cisco multilayer switched networks, servers and data center infrastructure
- Coordination with Regional/Local IS teams and 3rd party vendors to support IS projects, incidents and requests.
- Must have hands on desktop/laptop troubleshooting experience
- Must be able to configure and deploy network switches
- Must be familiar with windows server/desktop operating systems
- Must be familiar with configuring tablets
- Strong troubleshooting are required
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime
- Availability to provide 24x7 on-call coverage.
- Cisco Networking
- Ethernet Networking
- Microsoft Windows 7 Technical Skills
- Microsoft Windows 10 Technical Skills
- Technical Support - IT/Network
- Technical Support Processes
- Windows 2012 Server Administration
- Windows 2012 Server Installation
- Ability to provide issue resolution off-hours as needed, both onsite & remotely
- Manage and prioritize Incident and Request tickets.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP and Microsoft SCCM.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory.
- Experience using the remote-control features of Microsoft's SCCM a plus.
- Candidate must have good communication skills.
Resolve Technical Issue
Provide User Support
Provide Technical Assistance
Provide Desktop Support
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 19-00301
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
View the full profile
GTA is a full-service provider of both direct and contract automotive professionals and top management talent to a customer base that runs the gamut of most of the leading automakers and their key suppliers.
We are proud to say we were founded in Michigan, we’re headquartered in Michigan and we’re staying in Michigan. GTA remains focused on honesty, integrity and professionalism as the building blocks of its continued success in an ever-changing industry. Our firm acts in a timely, professional manner in all of its interactions with customers and candidates.
“We’ve survived a lot of ups and downs along the way, and we’ve always managed to make the company a little stronger and more adaptable as a result of each challenge we’ve faced,” said Burl C. Adkins, the company’s founder. “I believe that’s the key to GTA's longevity, plus the fact that GTA is one of the leaders and most recognized names in staffing. It has been gratifying to have played a role in helping thousands find employment during the past twenty five plus years and provided hundreds of millions of dollars in payroll for the local economy during that same period,” Adkins concluded.