For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Compression Engineer in Shelton, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Compression Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: This position must ensure Compressor Station design and operation is in compliance with Federal, State and Local rules/regulations, site specific permitting requirements, and company specifications.
- Oversees design, construction and commissioning activities for minor facility modifications.
- Manages the reliability and availability of the compressor fleet (eleven gas turbine driven compressor units).
- Provides technical support, leadership and oversight to all compression facilities activities.
- Negotiates, manages and administers maintenance agreements.
- Coordinates maintenance and warranty repair of compression equipment. Develops budgets and schedules for O&M and Capital work at all Compressor Stations.
- Creates, maintains and trains on Field Operating Procedures and Engineering Specifications.
- This position is safety-sensitive and subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Understand the process flow dynamics through the facilities.
- Understanding of gas turbines, centrifugal compressors, and auxiliary equipment & processes.
- Knowledge of specifications (ASME, API, etc.) for related equipment and facilities.
- Knowledge of preventative and predictive maintenance methods, oil analysis, and root cause analysis.
- Knowledge of governing regulations (FERC, DOT (PHMSA), etc.); environmental, health & safety procedures and
- regulations; design, construction and maintenance practices for gas compression facilities.
- Proficient in project management practices.
- Basic legal and administrative skills to negotiate, develop and manage contracts.
- Knowledge of valves, piping, control systems, and pumps
- Ability to negotiate priorities, influence stake holders and manage expectations.
- Proactive troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Clear, concise, and audience sensitive, verbal and written communications.
- High proficiency in office applications, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical preferred.
- Minimum three years of engineering and project management experience.
- Minimum three years of natural gas facility design, project management and construction.
- Minimum five years of natural gas facility maintenance and operations.
Salary: depending on experience
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Travel: 20% New York & Connecticut field stations
Hours: 8:30am-5pm (some nights and weekends will be required)
URL blocked - click to apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.
Computer Aided Design
Computer Aided Manufacturing