Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
As new pharmacy clients are welcomed to OptumRx, the new client implementation team offers a best-in-class onboarding experience that is powered by solid governance and project management. Our Health Plan Implementation team is a separate and distinct division that handles our most sophisticated new Health Plan clients.
The Senior Implementation Project Manager (Sr. IPM) will lead client implementations wihtin the Public Sector and Health Systems segments. They will work with a team of experts to successfully onboard new clients. Sr. IPM will support the organization’s strategic direction and growth in the PBM industry by applying a clearly defined project management approach for new implementations.
You will actively engage with all operations and account management leaders across the OptumRx organization to deliver on our promise and manage to a budget throughout the implementation process. In this role, you will also have the opportunity to participate in the sales process for new clients, this includes reviewing and preparing RFP responses, attending prep sessions and delivering in finalist sales presentations, consultation relations, and capability demonstrations.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage and lead new implementation, including Commercial, Medicaid, Medicare, and Exchange lines of business
- Develop detailed work plans, schedule estimates, resource plans, status reports, and implementation priorities
- Direct and coordinate the teams of operations, business, product and technical contributors to ensure the on-time, within budget, successful delivery of properly scoped high-quality project requirements
- Ensure factual, timely, and quality implementation tracking, analysis, reporting and communication strategies are utilized using established policies & procedures
- Proactively manage client expectations & performance guarantee commitments by partnering with all internal & external project stakeholders. Support the Sales process with client RFP responses, pre finalist support, and represent Optum Rx Implementations at finalist meetings
- Serve as Lead communicator for overall project status, with regard to issues, risk, & mitigation strategies for clients, OptumRx, & Optum IT. Provide OptumRx readiness reporting & Optum Elevate readiness reporting
- Ensure Service Now automated work flow tool updates are timely and meet QA standards to ensure 100% accuracy per timeline for each implementation. Manage internal team updates to the client SN implementation case to ensure completeness
- Provide technical, business, analytical, and strategic guidance to entire ORX implementation team. Attend all IT development meetings to ensure contractual obligations are met and meet regularly with IT lead on progress and obstacles to deploy
- Review deliverables and ensure adherence to quality standards, implementations and team performance measurements
- Obtain signoffs on all deliverables from key internal & external project stakeholders. Make timely and appropriate decisions to ensure implementations are on track for successful service and go live readiness
- Recommend and take necessary actions to direct the analysis and solutions of problems; escalate when needed.
- Ensure developed solutions match Client requirements
- Partner with Account Management to ensure all implementation items are tracked, documented and closed, in agreement with the client intent
- Lead cross-functional quality initiatives centered on improving the implementation process, & post go live lessons to learn reviews with clients and executive leaders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years of experience in the PBM, health care, pharmacy industry
- 2+ years of Implementation or large healthcare project management experience
- Experience in influencing internally and externally with soft power, driving cross - functional collaboration, and negotiating win-win solutions
- Willing to work through year-end holiday season (Christmas week/NYE/New Year’s Day) as necessary to address client go-live issues and support cross-functional teams
- Ability to travel up to 35%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnithedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Master’s Degree
- Project Management Professional Certification
- PBM Account Management experience
- Independent contributor with the ability to multi-task, work with leaders and ensure client satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to message, position, and present information for maximum customer impact and influence
- Proven ability to ascertain client needs through active listening skills, and consultatively work with clients to achieve business objectives
- Effective skills for navigating and driving results across operations, network, and clinical domains in a highly complex, matrix environment
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: PBM, Implementations, Project Manager, PMP, Project Management, UAT, Systems Implementation, System Migrations, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote