NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including six inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Pharmacy Liaison *Boynton Beach,FL*.
In this role, the successful candidate Pharmacy Liaison assists patients with medication related issues and drives strategies that improve medication adherence, medication related health outcomes and quality measures in partnership with NYUPN Pharmacy team and providers.
* Telephonic outreach to patients to uncover barriers contributing to low adherence and conduct interventions to improve medication adherence and quality measures.
* Ensures compliance with all regulations
* Seeks professional development opportunities to maintain professional competence as required to maintain technician certification.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* May provide guidance and training to less experienced staff.
* Accurately prepare reports.
* Collaborates with pharmacists and nurse Clinical Care Coordinators to refer patients for health coaching as well as receive referrals to perform medication coaching and medication reconciliation.
* Refer and escalate issues to pharmacist, nurse and/or provider when appropriate.
* Answer questions and complete requests for assistance with refills.
* Interact with internal and external providers to provide outstanding customer service.
* Provide health coaching and medication education.
* Advocate and ensure patients receive access to their required medications including referral to patient assistance programs.
* Document clinical interventions for medication related quality measures and utilization management.
* Review chart and perform medication reconciliation while consulting with patients, pharmacies and providers as necessary.
To qualify you must have a Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). Must also complete a board-approved training program. High School Diploma or equivalent. Computer literacy and experience documenting in electronic medical record
3 year relevant experience as Pharmacy Technician in community, managed care or Specialty Pharmacy. Effective oral and written communication skills
Associate or Bachelor degree
Experience/certification in Medication Therapy Management and/or Motivational Interviewing
Problem solver and ability to work independently
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
- Clinical Works
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service