To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- North Chicago, IL 60064
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
KellyMitchell • North Chicago, IL
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Period: 12/10/2018 to 06/28/2019
Work Location: 1 N Waukegan Road, AP16, North Chicago, Illinois, 60064-1802
Engineering Technician III
- Manufacturing equipment and processes require a high degree of specialized attention around the clock. The primary objective is to maximize efficiency and prevent any interruption of production by achieving control over the systems the manufacturing cycle depends on. Primarily these systems include facility, equipment, utility, and controls. These systems are maintained and continually improved by Engineer Technician I’s. They also contribute to the design of products and processes.
- Works in an independent manner under the guidance of a supervisor or technical lead. Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables.
- Examples of supporting assignments include: system maintenance, equipment or process design and development, validation of equipment, materials and processes, preparation of specifications.
- Complies with applicable policies and procedures, regulatory and safety requirements.
- Provides technical service.
- Daily monitoring and troubleshooting of assigned systems.
- Expected to recommend improvements in design, installation, start-up or execution of a project or task as well as the maintenance of a program.
- Maintains documentation, monitoring logs, Best Operating Practices (BOPs), training manuals, etc. for regulatory compliance. Assists in the implementation of long-term projects to maintain efficiency.
- Assists operations in the process of troubleshooting to determine potential impacts on production and facility systems.
- Exchanges information with project team members, designers, management, and other engineering or production personnel.
- Delivers recommendations and suggestions to project team members and management within the department.
- Provides limited technical assistance and information to production, engineering groups and outside consultants, contractors, and various departments within the Company.
- Participates and/or assists engineers in the design of process equipment or systems for optimal performance.
- Assists in the start-up of new and troubleshoots existing facilities/equipment to ensure optimal operation and performance.
- Identifies issues and implements troubleshooting techniques necessary to avoid production downtime.
- Closely monitors systems as assigned for potential issues and/or improvements.
- Responds to requests, evaluates problems, determines causes and communicates and implements solutions in the most efficient manner.
- High School/GED is required. Technical school completion/certification preferred.
- At least 5 years prior technical experience in area(s) of specialty with basic knowledge of systems described.
- Knowledge of basic regulatory requirements.