To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
545 South 3rd Street
Louisville, KY 40202
- Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation
- Phone: (502) 855-4316
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CORPORATE CREDIT MANAGER
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation • Louisville, KY
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation is the nation's largest manufacturer of metal roofing and building systems with 21 locations across America. We have a unique opportunity available to join our Finance Team as Corporate Credit Manager, who is responsible for several hundreds of millions in credit and thousands of customers. This position reports to our VP of Finance and is located at our downtown Louisville, KY corporate office.
The Corporate Credit Manager drives the company's credit policies and practices; ensuring alignment and support with overall organizational goals and objectives. This is accomplished through accountability for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses. A proactive business partner approach with Metal Sales Manufacturing's sales team is necessary to foster a collaborative culture.
The Corporate Credit Manager also leads the Credit team which consists of multiple credit professionals with regional account responsibilities and cash application specialists.
Let us tell you about the responsibilities and expectations of this role to ensure we are the right fit for each other.
You'll be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Ensuring company adherence to corporate credit policies and procedures for consistent handling of collection matters to maintain good customer relations.
- Leading the credit and collections activities and staff by developing skills, monitoring performance, proving training, and fostering a collaborative and professional culture.
- All KPI monitoring and reporting (i.e. aging account); including month end close and cascading of information to credit, finance, and leadership teams.
- Monitoring violations of credit policies, providing analysis, conclusion and recommendations, presenting findings to senior management and suggesting actions/penalties to be taken when appropriate.
- Proactively training and educating finance team and other teams (i.e. sales and operations) on credit policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Ensuring accurate and timely filing of collection instruments to secure accounts.
- Researching, reviewing, and responding to escalated accounts receivable inquiries, delinquent accounts, and high limit credit applications.
- Partnering with other members of the Corporate Finance team on department projects and goal setting initiatives such as budgets.
The most qualified candidates will have:
- At least 5 years of progressive commercial credit experience preferably in a multi-site manufacturing environment
- Experience managing a team of credit professionals and working collaboratively with other teams and departments
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Extensive knowledge of the legal aspects of commercial credit and collections, including contract law, preferably in the contract building industry (job sites, liens, and bonds)
- Ability to analyze financial statements and considerable experience with customer negotiations
- Certified Credit Executive (CCE) preferred
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint coupled with the ability to learn other software programs
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and non-verbal), and organizational skills, with a close attention to detail
What we can offer you:
- Challenging work environment with a stable privately owned company
- Opportunities for skill set expansion and career growth
- Competitive pay with bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401K with company match, paid holidays, and more (most benefits are effective immediately)
- Wellness program
- Free parking in our private attached garage
We appreciate you reviewing our opportunity and look forward to receiving your resume!
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M | F | D | V