To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- East Windsor, CT 06088
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Curtiss Wright • East Windsor, CT
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The General Manager will be an integral member of the senior level management team guiding strategy development and organization execution for the Curtiss-Wright Surface Technologies (CWST) organization, a divisional unit of Curtiss-Wright Corporation. CWST provides thermal spray coatings for variety of industries including Power Generation, Aerospace and Chemical Processing.
Reporting directly to the VPGM of CWST, he/she with have full P&L responsibility for the thermal spray division and will be accountable for obtaining the performance objectives of the division including revenue growth, profitability, cash generation, customer satisfaction, technology development, operational improvements, and talent development through his/her direct reports.
This individual will be a strategic visionary leader with well-developed operating skills and leadership attributes to orchestrate the growth of the organization by leading a committed team and providing the proper robust business processes, managerial tools, and financial controls.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assume full management of all divisional business operations which includes P&L and multi-site financial, quality and operational performance and assuming full control of the divisional business; understanding and driving the company, its activities, customers, current strategy, plans and policies.
- Review current value proposition, strategies, and operating plans.
- Take the lead on identifying, developing and implementation of immediate, short and long-term courses of action and strategies that drive divisional growth, sales and profitability.
- Ensure tight control is maintained over business performance and that operating management responds quickly and effectively to any problems, adverse, technology and/or industry trends.
- Takes a lead role in identifying and developing new business opportunities and core areas for growth, to include global sales and manufacturing capability development.
- Responsible for multiple site operations -- which include R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Finance and Human Resources.
- Provide a central corporate focus for product development including concept definition, product services and technology road maps, long range planning (staff and technology needs), and new and existing engineering products and services.
- Accountable for establishing and meeting divisional commitments for on-time, on-budget service delivery and quality performance.
- Provide senior level direction and oversight for driving CI initiatives.
- Directing site leadership teams to proactively resolve technical, people, and production issues to ensure divisional performance success and customer satisfaction and develop and maintain relationships with customers, outside agencies, third party providers, etc.
- Ensure Sales strategies are developed and implemented to meet and/or exceed sales targets and ensure marginal growth and expansion.
- Ultimate oversight for managing regulatory compliance and ensure full compliance with company standards for revenues, efficiencies, cost control, waste reduction, quality and safety.
- Guide problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Working with site and functional leadership, develop the talent in the organization that includes strong succession planning, performance and salary planning management along with training and development.
- A Bachelor's degree in Management or Engineering required, MBA highly preferred.
- 12+ years' experience in preferably a thermal spray environment or at minimum a relevant manufacturing service driven industry.
- 8+ years' experience providing P&L oversight to multi-site operation in a senior or executive level leadership position.
- 5+ years' direct hands-on knowledge working in a thermal spray manufacturing environment; possessing specific industry knowledge of thermal spray applications and processes (Arc Wire, Plasma, HVOF) and direct in-depth knowledge of Surface Technologies industry, related markets and key customer base / contracts a definite plus; good understanding of coating, surface treatment applications a definite plus.
- Track record of producing results, meeting financial targets, directing sales and leading product and service development across a multi-site operation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; with ability to articulate a vision and direction to others and obtain buy-in and commitment from others to support company's values, business strategy, and directions.
- Ability to build and develop effective working relationships across all levels within the organization.
- Strong presentation, collaboration and partnership skills with entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and sense of urgency.
- Solid ability to listen, navigate and resolve complex, ambiguous problems and business issues with stature and confidence to make difficult decisions and drive results.
- Develop and implement new strategies in a competitive business environment and drive effective change management.
- Energetic, open, direct, action-oriented and futuristic in leadership approach; educated risk taker who accepts full accountability to consistently achieve set, targeted goals and objectives.
- Develops site and functional leadership and management talent with strong coaching ability necessary to continually move the business performance forward.
- Full commitment to hiring and retaining the best talent and appropriately acting on exiting weak, marginal performance.
- Demonstrated past experience holding positions of growth progression and increased responsibility that required strong leadership ability for driving others to achieve goals.
- Clear, strategic thinker with a willingness to take a more hands-on, operational, quality or sales approach across the operational units where and as deemed necessary and appropriate.
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.