OBXtek is staffing positions for Contractor Flight Instructor Pilots/CI for the MQ-9 for the Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) 492 Special Operation Wing (SOW) and operational units. AFSOC requires on-site contract instructor support for the 492 SOW training operations.
Instructors will provide instruction, in accordance with applicable Department of Defense (DoD), United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), and Air Force Instructions (AFI) to meet United States Air Force (USAF) proficiency and qualification standards on Air Force administered written examinations and flight evaluations for preparatory courses, initial qualification (basic, instrument, mission), transition (conversion, requalification), upgrade qualification (instructor, aircraft commander, special mission, evaluator, dual qualification of sensor operators), and key staff, continuation, refresher course, etc. training as required to meet the on-time graduation and annual student throughout requirements of this contract. Other requirements include:
- Ensure syllabi tasks are 100% complete within the time specified for the lesson.
- Ensure completion of Aircrew Graduate Evaluation Program (AGEP) in accordance with applicable Air Force Instructions and training syllabi.
- Use air traffic control services and radio calls during instruction that are in accordance with the most current edition of the Federal Aviation Administration Order 7110.65, Air Traffic Control, or applicable International Civil Aviation Organization manuals and circulars for overseas continental United States (OCONUS) locations.
- Support instruction of the AFSOC Instrument Refresher Course (IRC) with qualified IRC instructors.
- Support instruction of the Crew Resource Management Course (CRM) and CRM Facilitators Course with qualified CRM instructors.
- Support instruction of the Night Vision Devices with qualified aircrew instructors.
- Support instruction of aircraft radios, datalinks and other cryptographic radio devices as assigned, with qualified aircrew instructors in assigned training devices.
- Support the Critique Program with suggested changes/mitigation(s) as required.
This position is located at Cannon AFB, NM.
- Minimum of five (5) years AFSOC aircrew experience required.
- Instructor candidates who were instructor certified in the proposed MDS and were current in U.S. military aircraft within the previous two years;ORInstructors formerly instructor certified (in the proposed U.S. military MDS aircraft) within the previous four (4) years if the following conditions are met at the time of hiring:the candidate performed eight (8) years of military operational flying duty; and at least two (2) years or 200 hours experience as an inflight instructor in the proposed MDS and associated mission sets
- Air Traffic Control
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Resource Management
- Aerospace Manufacturing