Health Coach Preceptor Medical Assistant AdventHealth Well 65+
Location Address: 900 Hope Way Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth
- Up to $2,000 Sign-On Bonus Available
- Immediate Healthcare Benefits
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational Reimbursement
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
Full Time Days 8 am to 5 pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Serves as the Health Coach Preceptor, effective mentor and educational resource to staff with emphasis on training new employees and employees identified as needing more training.
- Participates in interviewing applicants and provides appropriate feedback to hiring manager, as needed. Provides valuable information to supervisors for employee performance evaluations, as needed.
- Must maintain education requirements for position and demonstrate competency, as required
- Demonstrate understanding of adult learning principles
- Covers like positions in the event of sickness or vacation in any AH Well 65+ practices.
- Assists with Health coach workflow including but not limited to rooming patients, obtaining vital signs, completing patient intake in the practice’s EHR.
What You Will Need:
- EMR Superuser
- Must be familiar with Quality metrics
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize internal and external resources
- Expertise in patient advocacy and navigating complex systems
- Ability to function and assist others in stressful, fast-paced environments and effectively apply stress management techniques
- Ability to resolve issues and work independently within the scope of their certification
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, diplomacy and a professional demeanor
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing and typing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively to carry out job requirements
- Experience with computer
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Two years of Medical Assistant experience
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Assistant program through an educational institution accredited by one of the following: Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (“CAAHEP”), or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (“ABHES”)
- Two years of physician practice experience preferred
- Current, valid CPR certification is required
- Must be currently certified and maintain certification by one of the following:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (“AAMA”) for Certified Medical Assistants (CMA)
- American Medical Certification Association (“AMCA”) for Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC)
- American Medical Technologists (“AMT”) for Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- National Association for Health Professionals (“NAHP”) for Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (“NCCT”) for National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA)
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA) for Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
The Health Coach Preceptor - Medical Assistant (MA) under limited supervision, provides appropriate training to identified clinical staff (both new and existing) who need education. This position will help with clinical orientation, competency assessments and practice workflow for Health Coaches. Serves as a Preceptor epitomizing best practices in the examination of patients appropriate documentation, member engagement and assisting Providers. Assists in patient education as needed. The Health Coach Preceptor – MA will be required to cover shifts at all Well 65+ practices as needed. Travel is required.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Nha Certified
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certification
- Medical Assistance