Senior Catastrophe Risk Analyst - Direct Modeling
The Senior Catastrophe Risk Analyst will support primary insurance underwriting operations through modeling insurance exposure data and providing analytical insight into results. The analyst will be tasked with understanding the particulars of each insurance submission and tailoring workflow to best suit the modeling requirements. The role draws upon a strong quantitative aptitude and a keen interest in investigating results in necessary detail. We are looking for a person who can breakdown problems logically, arrive at sound conclusions from the data available, and communicate results clearly and concisely.
While there may be opportunities to leverage programming knowledge, this is not a software development position. The average day will be spent working with insurance exposure data, running catastrophe models, and investigating and summarizing results. This is a fast-paced role with genuine importance to the value that we provide to our clients.
Position Information - Duties
* Preparing raw and edited insurance company policy data schedules of values for use in commercially licensed property catastrophe models and proprietary models
* Communicating relevant information to underwriters and senior managers, such as analysis results, exposure and loss analytics, and key drivers of risk
* Aggregating portfolio on a bi-weekly basis to add to the AIG portfolio
* Assessing data quality/accuracy of data submissions
* Assisting management with reports related to catastrophe modeling data and related exposures
* Assisting in model change management related activities for catastrophe model vendor updates and the Validus View of Risk
* Estimating potential losses to the Validus portfolio from in-progress or recent catastrophic events
* Bringing new ideas to management to drive profitability
* Think creatively to come up with efficient solutions to problems
* Driving efficiencies in process and creating new ways to solve challenges within the catastrophe modeling team
* All other duties as assigned
Position Information - Qualifications
* Working knowledge of industry catastrophe models (AIR & RMS) and MS SQL (preferred)
* Domain knowledge of the reinsurance/insurance market (preferred)
* Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. mathematics, economics, finance, statistics, meteorology, earth sciences, computer science, etc.)
* Ability to work under pressure and within a team framework
* Proven organizational skills and a strong sense of attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills i.e. a thorough command of the English language including excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation
* The ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients and colleagues, and to exercise discretion and confidentiality in all matters
* Must be able to work outside of normal office hours including evenings, weekends and public holidays if necessary
* Experience working with large datasets
* Experience with programming languages like R or Python (preferred)
A look at our Benefits
We're proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most - your health care, savings, financial protection and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family and military needs. For example, our "Giving Back" program allows you to take up to 24 hours a year to volunteer in your community. Our global mental health and wellness days off provide all colleagues with a paid day off to focus on their mental health and wellbeing.
We also believe in fostering our colleagues' development and offer a range of learning opportunities for colleagues to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. We have a tuition reimbursement program for eligible colleagues to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Catastrophe Risk Analyst
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Catastrophe Risk Analyst
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
RK - Risk
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
Validus Research, Inc.
- Attention To Detail
- Big Data
- Change Management