Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Deputy Chief of Team-Logistics
The Deputy Chief of Team for Logistics (DCOT-L) shall be responsible for ensuring all requirements of the Logistics Team, and shall oversee all personnel under the Logistics Team including Project Support and Procurement Support. All of these units shall report to the DCOT-L. This position is located in Afghanistan.
- Ensure all requirements of the Logistics Team, including life support and contractual matters, are met and fulfilled
- Be responsible for full logistic and administrative support to the team in Kabul for timely procurement and delivery of equipment and supplies
- Oversee all logistics team personnel
- Liaise with government contracting officers as needed to ensure that the COR is properly informed on all proposal, procurement, funding, security and inventory matters
- Periodically assess logistical needs of the program on the ground and identify and report opportunities to improve/streamline logistic support
- In coordination with the COT, provide proposal writing assistance when requesting to the U.S. Government for potential additional support
- Assist/advise the COT on budget development/revisions and coordinate with all Unit Chiefs on communication, security, transportation, program support and regional support
- Identify and oversee implementation of tracking and analysis tools needed (in conjunction with the COT, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, and other Managers) to support decision-making, reporting, management review, and contractual compliance
- Ensure that all unit tracking mechanisms are fully implemented and properly maintained;
- Prepare/submit reports on logistics
- Ensure that contract approval requirements are met, and prepare the justifications supporting those actions, in coordination with project leadership, as needed
- Work with financial personnel to produce necessary documentation
- Liaise with and provide direction and contracting documents to all sub-contractors
- Working knowledge and experience in managing international development and/or rule of law programs preferred.
- Preferred international experience in conflict or post-conflict areas of operation
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Superior writing and communication skills
Education: Preferred candidate shall possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Experience: Five (5) years of international program management experience; Eight (8) years minimum professional experience demonstrating the following: program management experience including strong financial management, human resources, and facilities management experience.
Security Vetting: Must have ability to possess and maintain a Secret security clearance issued by Defense Security Service
Medical: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Deputy Chief of Team-Logistics
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement