Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
The Big Data Manager will engage in all phases of the development life cycle to lead the design, development and implementation of data interfaces supporting enterprise operations, reporting and analytics, managing a team engaged in the same. The Big Data Manager must demonstrate strong working knowledge of ETL development using H-Scale - as well as other big data, SQL Server and NoSQL technologies, on-premise and cloud - and the ability to interact with technical and non-technical customers to understand requirements and implement relevant data solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Define big data strategy through collaborations with architecture team and business stakeholders
- Architect, design, develop, implement, configure and document current and future big data solutions in on-premises and/or cloud environments that support enterprise operations, reporting and analytics, as well as identify and champion new technologies
- Manage the big data team, leading projects and initiatives from inception to implementation, ensuring deliverables are met and communicating timelines and expectations to stakeholders
- Provide technical leadership, refining and ensuring adherence to best practices for coding, process documentation, performance optimization, maintainability, etc.
- Proactively and continuously identify, evaluate and recommend integration and delivery process improvements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of work experience in ETL, data warehousing, data modeling, data operations
- 2+ years architecting, implementing, and supporting big data solutions in on-premises and cloud environments
- 2+ years managing, leading and mentoring technical teams of direct reports
- Experience defining and implementing data quality and transformation rules
- Expertise with Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), Hive, Spark, Scala
- Ability to write reliable, scalable, manageable and highly efficient code using big data tools to support ingestion and presentation
- Proficiency with SQL scripting
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix, distributed computing, networks and network security
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Management Information Systems
- Experience with Nifi and AirFlow
- Experience presenting data for visualizations tools like Tableau, QlikView
- Experience implementing/supporting data science, data mining, AI, machine learning, etc.
- Experience working in agile environments
- Knowledge of healthcare and health plan business processes and related data
- Effective oral and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing projects
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.