SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.Job Description
As the Engineer, Mechanical Rotating Equipment, IND TSS you will develop plans and specifications, performs analysis, and provides reports on assigned tasks involving design and construction of new facilities or operation and maintenance of existing facilities. Technically involved in the resolution of equipment and operational problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, performing design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project.
- Understanding of rotating equipment and process flows oil, water, gas, and air systems.
- Improve facilities systems performance and refurbishments.
- Ability to write Statement of Work and Safety Plans.
- Support procurements processes to manage service support sub-contractors.
- Provide direction to Mechanics, Electricians, and other staff disciplines to support projects and maintenance efforts. Understanding of maintenance best practices and asset management including tribology, vibration, thermography, ultrasonic, and other PT&I techniques a plus.
- Able to work with customer engineers to solve complex system problems.
- Understanding of ASME piping and pressure vessel codes and standards.
- CAD awareness and capability to support and execute final documentation of projects and facility refurbishments completed.
- Works independently and as part of multiple discipline teams.
- Provide maintenance reliability support to rotating equipment with compressors (large screw compressors) pumps (canned motor pumps, ANSI pumps) and some turbines.
- Train underneath the outgoing Rotating Equipment Engineer/Supervisor until he retires.
- Support maintenance on rotating equipment repairs
- Support PHA’s/HAZOPS
- Review equipment failures and recommend corrective actions (RCFA)
- Initiate and manage maintenance related projects to improve reliability.
- Work with outside vendors on repairs and oversee offsite equipment repairs
- Use Vibration Analysis to evaluate equipment health
- Performs administrative duties as required/ assigned.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of direct major capital project
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited engineering program is required or MS degree from an accredited engineering school.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call
for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
Oil And Gas