Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Outside Sales Representative - Industrial Power/Utility & HVAC
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills in a challenging role
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking an Outside Sales Representative – Industrial/Utility. The prime function of the Outside Sales Representative – Industrial/Utility is to develop and maximize market share in the Industrial/Utility markets. Sunbelt Rentals’ Industrial Power/Utility & HVAC team is designed to meet the unique needs of the industrial facilities and markets As part of our Power & HVAC team, our Industrial Power & HVAC sellers are equipped with state of the art rental equipment such as; Temporary Power (Generators), Transformers, Switchgear, Distribution, Paralleling technology as well as Temperature Control Equipment, Desiccant Dehumidifiers, Air Compressors & equipment, Load Banks, Cooling Tower Systems, design and full Turnkey Install Services, Peak Shaving and more… Providing on-site solutions & services to meet our customers’ temporary equipment needs.
- Setting appointments and making sales presentations to maximize sales potential and representing Sunbelt’s reputation as a full-line / turnkey solution provider.
- Perform other duties assigned as assigned by the manager.
- Ability to quote, spec, install and maintain large scale industrial and utility projects
- 100% Safety focused, preferably holding current industrial facility / owner certifications & current OSHA card(s)
- Professional level knowledge of principles and practices involved in project management, engineered selling, new business development, product marketing and sales, including experience developing territory business plans.
- Working knowledge of NEMA, intrinsically safe, class 1 division 2 equipment and up to date Industrial scope & specifications
- Strong understanding of Power generation and Industrial HVAC products and applications.
- 5 years of technical rental sales experience in the Power generation and Industrial HVAC product/services line with a focus on a Process Engineering solution
- Ability to incorporate Sunbelt’s Specialty Businesses (Industrial Resource Group, Scaffolding, Climate Control, Pump Solutions, Flooring Solutions, Shoring, Oil & Gas, Ground Protection, Industrial Heat, Aerial Work Platforms, General Tool etc.) into presentations and business solutions.
- High energy, entrepreneurial–spirited self-starter.
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills. Territory management practices must be exceptional.
- Experience selling to all levels of management.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5 years’ successful sales experience in the Industrial manufacturing, power generation or maintenance fields.
- Previous rental industry experience a definite plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field is preferred, but not required.
- 5 years of previous direct business to business sales experience, selling into the Industrial and/or Utility markets.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience or an equivalent education and experience combination
- PC literacy in a Microsoft environment
- Proficiency with customer relations systems to track all sales contacts, meetings, opportunities, proposals and orders
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 25 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
The following is a sample (but not exhaustive) list of the MOS, AFSC, and NEC Codes that may have transferrable skill sets that apply to this role: From Career OneStop site (tech roles only)
Related experience may include: Account Development Manager, Account Executive, Account Manager, Channel Sales Director, Distribution Sales Manager, Outside Sales, Outside Sales Representative, Sales Consultant, Sales Director, Sales Rep, Sales Representative, Marketing Representative, Sal
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
Operate Cash Register