Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. An employee-owned company, Messer now stands as one of the nation’s leading health care and higher education builders. Messer’s footprint has grown to nine regional offices located across the Midwest and Southeast: Raleigh & Charlotte, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton Ohio; Louisville and Lexington Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. Messer employees live where they work, resulting in the company’s sustained commitment to building better communities.
We are currently seeking an accounting professional to fill the role of Accounting Specialist to work in our Cincinnati region. This person will work collaboratively with the project team including Project Managers as well as Regional Accountants to provide a full range of accounting support to multiple projects or one large campus setting.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Invoice processing, project expense processing, cost adjustments
- Track and distribute credit card statements
- Monitor subcontract compliance and correspond with subcontractor as necessary
- Prepare owner billing and compile supporting documents
- Prevailing Wage review and tracking
- Craft payroll review
- Assist in the compiling of project specific reports
- High school diploma required, college degree a plus
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Must have knowledge of accounting principles/functions.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
- Any Construction/Remote Job Site experience is a plus
- Possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities
- Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25lbs., seeing and reading
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at http://www.messer.com/careers.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce. Education
- Associates or better in Business Administration
- Associates or better in Business Management
- Associates or better in Accounting
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
See job description
Customer Relationship Management