Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Behavioral Health Care Advocate, you will be responsible for case management of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You will work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
This is a field-based position with a home-based (telecommuting) office that includes up to 25% local travel.
If you live in the State of Nebraska, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage caseload of members with behavioral health related issues
- Utilize advanced clinical skills to engage and motivate Consumers via a recovery, health, and wellness-oriented approach
- Assist consumers and their families/caregivers with connections to appropriate psychiatric, medical, and psychosocial referrals and services
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and documentation standards in appropriate systems, tracking mechanisms and databases
- Collaborate with providers, internal and external teams to determine acuity of mental health concerns, barriers, and progress; coordinate appropriate services
- Meet all contractual requirements; collaborate early and frequently with other teams in the management of cases stratified as having intensive, complex, and high-risk needs
- Conduct assessments and develop plans of care to improve member health outcomes
- Make both member and provider contacts to address identified care plan needs. Contacts will be primarily telephonic but will include some field and facility visits
- Provide clinical consultation to nonclinical staff on behavioral health related issues
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Meet all identified performance metrics
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Independently licensed clinician with a master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or Marriage and Family Counseling); or a Licensed Ph.D./Psy.D. Eligible licenses include LP, LIMHP, LMHP, LMHP CMSW, LMHP CMFT, and LMHP CPC. Licenses must be active and unrestricted in the State of Nebraska.
- 2+ years’ post-master’s experience in a related mental health environment (i.e., outpatient, inpatient, SUD, pediatrics, trauma-informed care)
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) and expertise documenting/tracking using electronic medical records and other technology
- Reliable transportation for field visits
- Able to work autonomously and proficiently manage time/workspace
- Access to highspeed internet and dedicated workspace for home office set up
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations, as well as all client requirements, and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Inpatient experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Managed care experience (MCO)
- Work-from-home experience
Discover a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people, and action combine to make great things happen every day - and where every day is another opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Behavioral Health, Psychiatric Health, Mental Health, Substance Use, Substance Abuse, Case Management, Care Coordination, Managed Care, LP, LIMHP, LMHP, LMHP CMSW, LMHP CMFT, LMHP CPC, Omaha, Lincoln, Bellevue, Grand Island, Kearny, Fremont, NE, Nebraska