To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richardson, TX 75082
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Network Security Support Engineer
Kforce Technology • Richardson, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce is immediately seeking an experienced Network Security Support Engineer for their global, intelligent networking and software innovation client in Richardson, Texas (TX). Our client innovates everywhere; Connecting people, things, processes and data, reshaping technology across all aspects of life.
The organization is seeking a Security Customer Support Engineer (CSE) to join some of the industry's brightest minds in the service and development of today's most advanced Internet technologies. In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of our client's security products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain. You will have an aptitude and appetite for learning, a proven ability to resolve complex technical problems, excellent communication and teamwork skills, and be dedicated to customer success. This is a great opportunity for someone who seeks to become a technical expert, advance their career, and provide amazing value to customers while working with an industry leader.
- Provide technical support for Firewall, Firepower, AAA, and/or VPN security products to customers, partners, account teams, and other internal technical support teams
- Handle a wide range of technical support problems-from simple application or network configuration fixes to deeply complex troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Utilize moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems
- Submit complete and correct defect reports with collaboration and supervision
- Work with minimal supervision and exercise discernment within defined procedures to figure out appropriate action
- Typically requires BS in CS or EE or equivalent plus 4 to 7 years related experience
- A current Cisco Certification is required, CCIE preferred
- Possess a fundamental working knowledge of the networking industry, products and protocols
- Some level of experience is preferred in at least one (two preferred) of the above-mentioned security disciplines
- When working with customers, you can calmly handle critical network problems and can describe complex topics in a way that is appropriate to the expertise of the customer
- Strong technical, analytical and troubleshooting skills and be able to resolve the root cause of network problems
- Able to review customer data in the form of network topologies, and crash, log, or other device files for anomalies
- Able to deliver solutions that lead to problem resolution or mitigation with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Able to effectively engage resources outside their team to resolve issues which may include other technical support engineers, account teams, partners, and development engineers
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.