Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification) Services, is looking for a part-time Field Inspector to join our Electrical team in the Albany NY area. This position offers a flexible work schedule and ability to work from home.
The electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality and safety of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
The Field Inspector will support the Electrical business performing inspections at manufacturing facilities to ensure products are being manufactured in accordance with established standards. We are looking for someone with previous experience conducting electrical tests or electrical inspections.
- Planning and conducting surveillance inspections in accordance with schedule
- Document manufacturer’s production and quality processes; review required production tests, including methods, equipment used and calibration of equipment
- Inspect ETL Listed products, subassemblies and components with respect to the Certification Documents; review ETL label inventory and control; review non-compliances issued as a result of previous inspections and document unresolved issues; select samples as directed.
- Document compliance and non-compliance found during the inspection, and advise clients on proper resolution
- Complete and submit Follow-up Service Inspection Report for each client inspected.
- Communicate information between facility representatives and Intertek personnel
- Maintain expenses within given guidelines.
- High School Diploma or GED and 10+ years directly related experience; Associates Degree in related area and 5+ years directly related experience; or Bachelor’s Degree in related area and 1+ year directly related experience.
- Experience in electronic/electrical testing or quality/reliability testing, engineering, electrical inspection, manufacturing or quality control is required
- Familiarity with the “National Electric Code” and/or product compliance requirements to nationally recognized safety standards is a plus
- Knowledge of Quality Control methods (ISO 9000/14000, QS 9000, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen & Statistical Process Control) a plus
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have access to the internet
- Must have strong computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to read small print with or without corrective lenses
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to drive for prolonged periods of time during the daytime and evening hours
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all new hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Approve Finished Product