To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ennis, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Generalist
GAF • Ennis, TX
Posted 10 days ago
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for managing tactical employee relation issues, recruitment, compensation, benefits, and EHS tracking & safety training for the Ennis site. In addition, the incumbent will assist in training and development. The Human Resource Generalist is also responsible for timely and accurate completion of departmental reports and recordkeeping.
25% - Maintain proper documentation and serve as the primary point of contact for most employee relations issues and vendor/supplier communication. Generate ideas for and coordinate employee relations activities that foster employee morale and interaction. Spend time walking the production floor, facilitate conflict resolution and provide coaching and feedback as appropriate. Assist HR Manager in conducting investigations of potential violations of company policies as needed.
15% - Participate in various aspects of safety, help lead/facilitate site leadership safety meetings, including conducting job safety analyses, addressing root cause of safety incidents and participating in safety audits and training programs.
15% - Plan, coordinate and facilitate various training programs. Compile and analyze monthly and annual statistics. Prepare and distribute various reports.
15% - Assist in the coordination of hourly and co-op recruiting, coordinate aspects of salaried recruiting and ensure compliance with OFCCP retention, conduct on-boarding and new hire orientation.
10% - Manage disability processes with employees and third party administrators for Workers' Compensation, Short Term Disability and FMLA while ensuring adherence to ADA and HIPAA.
10% - Participate in the communication and administration of the GAF benefits program, including open enrollment process. Participate in corporate HR project teams and programs and other cross-functional initiatives.
5% - Process routine hourly and salary pay adjustments. Partners with the HR Manager on conducting and submitting changes that effect the annual General Wage Increase Recommendation.
5% - Perform other duties as assigned.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
- Building Working Relationships
- Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Stress Tolerance
- Decision Making
- Facilitating Change
- Managing Conflict
- Planning & Organizing
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with and proficient in the navigation of HRIS and other related systems (Workday, ATS, ADP, eTime, PeopleSoft, ArcPlan, Aspen)
- Familiar with standard HR concepts, practices, and procedure
- Familiar with standard Manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures
- Intermediate knowledge of employment law
- Exposure to OSHA reporting, regulations and compliance
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Intermediate conflict resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail
- Intermediate problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
- 2+ years demonstrated HR/employee relations experience and OSHA knowledge
- PHR certification, experience with an applicant tracking system
- HR experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment