This position is responsible for overseeing the strategic planning and day to day operations of the Merry Maids Operations to achieve goals, objectives, and budget. This includes a primary emphasis on revenue growth, market expansion, marketing, legal and regulatory compliance, quality service delivery, and people development.
- Drive operational activities of both branch and franchise operations
- Develop operational goals based on strategic and financial short and long term plans
- Monitor division performance against performance goals to ensure progress is being made and corrective actions taken
- Lead projects (strategic partners)
- Oversee the day to day franchise ops support through the management of the Business Development Consultant (BDC) team (e.g., hold weekly meetings to review performance with corporate staff, identify issues and changes/improvements that need to be rolled out network-wide; hold weekly calls with BDCs to disseminate learnings/changes; follow up with BDCs to track implementation throughout the week)
- Ensure adherence to budgets
- Drive franchisee performance and drive network performance transformation
- Lead branch transformation (improve performance, customer retention, employee engagement)
- Develop and implement operational processes with the objective of providing proactive procedural assistance to branches & franchisees in the pursuit of maximizing growth and profitability
- Assist and hold franchisees accountable in implementing operational processes/systems consistent with the business unit's standard operating procedures
- Develop and implement a market expansion strategy to optimize network by helping to exit poor performers, expand strong performers, and introduce new
- Support convention planning, training, and franchise meetings
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Related Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
- 10 years management experience in a service industry.
- P&L experience in a multi-million dollar operation.
- Knowledge of strategic business operations
- Process Management, Project Management, LEAN operating systems
- Profit and Loss management
- Financial acumen
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Influencing, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Change management
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and problem solving
- Track record of building effective teams, driving for results, communication & collaboration
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.