To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
600 5th Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20001
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Construction Safety
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Safety Management, Transportation, Engineering or a related field
- In lieu of bachelor’s degree, a high school diploma or GED and four (4) years of construction safety work experience
- A minimum of four (4) years of construction safety work experience
- Certified Safety Professional
- OSHA 30 or higher
- A minimum of five (5) years of total experience achieved working in or with public or private sector transportation and/or transit organization(s), Construction Safety development, Construction of New Starts project(s) and other Major Capital Investment Projects
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Construction Safety Manager is responsible for managing Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)'s construction safety program. The Construction Safety Manager is responsible for overseeing a group of safety officers who have the primary responsibility of effectively monitoring and evaluating contractors' safety programs in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, the WMATA System Safety Program Plan/Agency Safety Plan and contract specifications for WMATA's new construction, capital improvement, and adjacent construction projects. The incumbent collaborates with various offices within WMATA to ensure the safety of customers, revenue operations, WMATA employees and contractors, and the general public during construction projects that interface with operating systems.
- Manages the Authority's Construction Safety Program to ensure that the safety programs for WMATA contractors are in compliance with OSHA regulations, the WMATA System Safety Program Plan and contract specifications for new construction, capital improvement and adjacent construction projects.
- Develops construction safety policies, procedures, safety training programs and contract specifications; evaluates their implementation to ensure that WMATA's construction safety program aligns with the requirements of OSHA and WMATA's System Safety Program Plan.
- Maintains the most up to date status with the WMATA Safety Construction and Environmental Manual to ensure that the WMATA Safety Construction and Environmental Manual accurately depicts the requirements set forth by WMATA.
- Serves as SAFE's representative in the approval process of Site Specific Work Plans to ensure that Site Specific Work Plans contain the required information for work to be conducted safely.
- Manages investigations of construction related incidents and accidents to assist WMATA in mitigating future incidents and accidents.
- Coordinates with various WMATA departments and contractors to ensure the safety of customers, revenue operations, WMATA and contractors' employees, and the general public during construction projects that interface with operating systems.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job Descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.