This position is at a Secure Government Facility in McLean.
Must be a U.S. Citizen.
This is a Monday through Friday position.
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).
The Cashier receives cash from customers or employees in payment for goods or services and records amounts received, computes or re-computes bills, itemized lists, and tickets showing amount due using adding machine or cash register, makes change, cashes checks and issues receipts or tickets to customers; records amounts received, prepares reports of transactions, reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and verifies against cash on hand. The Cashier may make credit card transactions and may be required to know value and features of items for which money is received. This worker may give cash refunds or issue credit memorandums to customers for returned merchandise, operate ticket-dispensing machine, sell candy, cigarettes, gum and gift certificates, and issue trading stamps.
- Operates a cash register (or equivalent), receives payments of cash, checks, and charges from customers or employees for goods or services, making change and issuing receipts or tickets to customers.
- Responsible for accurate ring of proper PLU for sale items and/or accurate barcode scan.
- Always provides the highest quality of service to customers.
- Always maintains proper security of cash.
- Understands and follows Sodexo cash-handling policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as assigned.
- Assists in locating, reconciling and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operates peripheral equipment that records and supports non-cash transactions.
- Records amounts received and may be expected to total and summarize funds received, endorse checks, prepare bank deposits, and verify cash at the beginning of a shift.
- May perform and receive applicable compensation per SCA regulations for other job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 1 or more years related experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
- Basic math skills including the ability to calculate numbers, correct entries, count, and reconcile cash drawers/banks, and post to records.
- Ability to train and assist new cashiers in learning their job functions.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally, work is performed in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
- Positive Attitude