To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Middletown, RI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Software Engineer
Apex Systems • Middletown, RI
Posted 6 days ago
Apex Systems is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work for a large government contractor of ours in Middletown, RI. This position can also be supported from the Buffalo, NY, and San Diego, CA, locations. If you are interested in this position, please reach out to Rebekah Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and contact information to get connected.
Candidates must be US Citizens and able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance, per a condition of employment.
Job Description: Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. The Engineer will also:
- Design and code software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules
- Perform systems modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Test and debug assigned components and units
- Participate in large system and subsystem planning
- Collaborate with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities
- Write and update technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials
- Troubleshoot problems and provide customer support for software operating systems and application issues
- Advise hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Chemical/Nuclear/Network Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics or Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Masters’ Degree preferred
- 6+ of experience in a relevant technical field
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178