Apex Systems is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work for a large government contractor of ours in Middletown, RI. This position can also be supported from the Buffalo, NY, and San Diego, CA, locations. If you are interested in this position, please reach out to Jenna Ferrigno at Email blocked - click to apply with your resume and contact information to get connected.
Candidates must be US Citizens and able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance, per a condition of employment.
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Middletown, RI
Duration: 6+ months
Compensation: Negotiable based on Experience
The Senior Software Engineer researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. The Engineer will also:
- Design and code software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules
- Perform systems modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Test and debug assigned components and units
- Participate in large system and subsystem planning
- Collaborate with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities
- Write and update technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials
- Troubleshoot problems and provide customer support for software operating systems and application issues
- Advise hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Chemical/Nuclear/Network Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics or Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Masters’ Degree preferred
- 6+ of experience in a relevant technical field
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Use Programming Language