Bowhead Marine Support Services seeks Small Craft Operators to support Port Operations at Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam, HI.
• Operate and maintain various craft which may include, diesel, gas, propeller and water jet driven vessels in direct support of JBPHH missions.
• Conduct preventative, corrective, predictive maintenance and general repairs or modifications to suit mission requirements of water craft.
• Shall have extensive experience, knowledge, and confident skills as a vessel operator and deckhand and be able to operate in close proximity to other craft and waterborne structures.
• Shall be experienced at oil spill response. Completion of NAVEDTRA 43606 SIM Basic Boat Coxswain and NAVEDTRA 43195-D Oil Spill Recovery is desirable.
• Shall be proficient in the operation of radar, Global Positioning Systems (GPS), VHF Communication systems.
• Proficient at following instructions for planned maritime operations and understanding military communications.
• Minimum of ten (10) years military experience operating and maintaining water craft, OR USCG 50 Ton Master’s License with three plus (3+) years of experience.
• Prefer candidate with experience in operating US Navy harbor workboats used to support gate openings/closings, line handling, pusher boat duties, oil booming installation/removal around moored or anchored vessels, and has experience and knowledge in diesel engine repair (Cummins, MTU, etc..), outboard motor repair (Mercury, Johnson, etc..), fiberglass repair, electrical repairs, oil spill response, navigation equipment operation, radar operation, military communications, paint and corrosion control, first aid, CPR, HAZMAT handling, truck and boat trailer operation and fork lift operation.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment and routine drug screening as required by Maritime Consortium.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a tea
Physical Demands: The work environment varies and includes, but is not limited to: dock, port, bay, waterways, office space, equipment rooms, warehouse space, construction zones, and outdoor environments. Work hours may fluctuate outside of normal duty hours.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Small Craft Operator
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
here.The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)