Middough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central, Midwest and Southeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting projects, management and technical development opportunities and team building experiences. Middough employs the best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety awareness and professional development.Position and Responsibilities
As a Sr. Mechanical Engineer with Middough, you will have responsibility for both technical design engineering and mechanical lead responsibilities. The responsibilities include directly executing designs and engineering tasks, leading resources to execute mechanical tasks within multi-discipline design projects and working closely with the Mechanical Engineering Manager to plan and execute mechanical work on projects as well as utilizing shared resources effectively. This position is a client facing role that takes technical ownership of mechanical design and helps drive “big picture” project objectives within a consulting design environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Education, Experience and Skills
- Plan, schedule, and conduct the technical work as the mechanical lead on assigned projects.
- Work with both client and internal team members to scope and execute design work according to schedule, budget, and execution plan.
- Review engineering deliverables for compliance with engineering principles, standards, and design specifications.
- Work effectively within 3D design environment to develop mechanical design solutions and leads 3D design model reviews with client team.
- Develop system designs and sizes equipment, develops technical specifications & data sheets, performs technical evaluation of bids, and recommends best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability, and safety.
- Plan and lead in collecting field observations, performs detailed engineering calculations, checking installations, and problem-solving activities.
- Interact with other engineering disciplines, project managers, client team members, and vendors to obtain and exchange project pertinent information.
- Collaborate with Client and Project Manager to identify scope changes through formal change management procedures.
- Communicate project execution and planning updates to upstream and downstream team members.
- Mentor and develop engineering and design staff.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or similar with experience.
- PE License (EIT/ET and ability to obtain PE), or master’s degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
- 6 years of mechanical engineering work experience with demonstrated expertise in at least two of the following areas:
- Equipment Design & Specification Pressure and Rotating Process equipment
- ASME S8D1 Pressure Vessel Design, Evaluation, & FFS
- Industrial Ventilation/Environmental Pollution Controls
- Design & Specification of Material Handling systems & equipment
- Stress and Flow analysis of piping in refinery/chemical and/or metals industries
- Advanced Mechanical Evaluation using FEA or CFD engineering tools
- Welding and Metallurgy design
- 4 years of engineering design and collaboration experience developing complex design within a 3D environment using AutoCAD/Plant3D, SolidWorks, Inventor, Revit, and/or NavisWorks.
- 2 years of experience executing project work as a Project Engineer or Design Team Leader.
- High proficiency using Microsoft products for engineering, budgeting, scheduling, and reporting (Teams, Excel, Project, Access, Word, and Outlook).
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate will:
What Middough Offers
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions.
- Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company locations or client sites.
- Overtime may be necessary; may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
We offer a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
Equal Opportunity Employment
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and Travel insurance
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity and actively recruits minority, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- 3d Model
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Inventor
- Autodesk Revit
- Change Management