Area Supervisor: Retail Distribution Center
Are you looking to join one of the best retail teams in America? Creating a culture that provides a compelling place to shop, work and invest is essential to achieving our corporate goals and you can help us succeed in that by becoming an Area Supervisor at Family Dollar's Morehead Kentucky Distribution Center. In this role, you'll work as a key team member in a fast-paced, high volume, fully automated retail distribution center. We have multiple shifts that work hard to ensure our retail stores have product on hand to serve our customers. The Area Supervisor is a first line manager supporting activities of an assigned area (Bulk, Shipping, Receiving, Repack, Forklift). They directly manage up to 40 non-exempt associates and plan, assign and direct work to their team as well as address and resolve operational problems to ensure the team meets our production goals. Various shifts available.
What you'll be doing:
Exact job functions will vary based on area assigned, however the primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure that work area is appropriately staffed for assigned shift and that production, quality and safety standards are maintained.
- Provide orientation, coaching and training to assigned personnel on department processes and systems. Provide corrective actions as appropriate.
- Create team environment through motivation and positive feedback of associates and through active communication.
- Communicate effectively across departments within DC to achieve daily operational goals.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are met on a daily basis.
- Conduct physical inspections of assigned work area/equipment. Prepare work orders for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
- Provide data input as needed for required reporting.
What we need from you:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 - 3 years of supervisory/management experience in an automated distribution or production environment
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency and pick-to-light systems desired
- Must be flexible to work multi-shifts in a fast-paced production environment
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills are key for all positions, as well as strong planning and organization skills
- MS Office Suite proficiency a plus
What we offer you:
Family Dollar offers a full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, 401K, Profit Sharing and Discount Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Due to our tremendous growth we also offer excellent career GROWTH opportunities for motivated individuals
Family Dollar is an Equal Opportunity Employer