About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KTVF/KXDF/KFXF are the NBC, CBS and MeTV/MyNetwork affiliated stations serving the interior of Alaska with award winning local news, great entertainment and public service to the Fairbanks community. KTVF and KXDF, our news producing stations, have been the launching point for many journalists and producers who have moved up in the ranks and are now successfully filling key roles in stations throughout the country.
KTVF / KXDF is looking for a Multimedia Journalist with a passion for telling visual stories. Position will also present the weather on our 5:00 PM newscast. We are looking for a journalist who is ready to immerse themselves in our friendly community and find and report stories that impact our viewers. Come learn about Alaska!
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Research, gather, write and report news stories for on-air and online in the most accurate, appealing, timely and creative way using all sources
Anchor for 5:00 PM weather cast. Fill in anchor for other newscasts (as needed)
• Report “live” on the scene, especially during breaking news
• Make regular beat checks
• Conduct interviews in the field and on-set
• Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
• Demonstrate sound news judgment, collaborate with others to present the story
• Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment on a daily basis
• Enterprise hard-news, research-driven packages under tight deadlines
• Post and update stories on the web, often remotely while traveling
• Provide news content for social media, including Facebook, and interact with viewers
• Possess a broad and working knowledge of the viewing area, including people, places, things, and history
• Use knowledge of appropriate field lighting to enhance overall news presentation
• Critique, feedback, and training are part of the job
• Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
• Must be a visual storyteller; perform creative stand-ups and explanatory live shorts
• Evenings, weekends and holidays may be required
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
◾ Bachelors in broadcast journalism desired. Must have valid drivers license.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST (ASSO) - KTVF, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, and references
KTVF-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
- Non Linear Editing Systems
- Social Media