To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN 46237
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Case Manager RN (Indianapolis, IN, US, 46237)
Franciscan St. Francis Health • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 2 months ago
Integrated Case Management
8111 South Emerson Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46237
WHAT WE NEED
Multi-tasking patient coordinators
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
At Franciscan Health, each patient’s hospital stay is as unique as the patient. Care standards, patient needs and physician orders all come into play in determining a patient’s care plan. At the center of all the assessing, planning, coordinating and evaluating are our Case Managers. The very best in communicators, these managers work with physicians, patients and families to optimize patient care.
Are you a good collaborator? Do you have experience and knowledge of medical conditions and levels of care? Do you thrive on following standards to ensure patient care is optimized from admission to discharge? We need your skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Communicate daily one on one with physicians to determine patient needs (either in person or via telephone).
- Review the patient’s medical record to determine the appropriateness of stay relative to the established inpatient criteria.
- Identify patients who do not meet the inpatient criteria and addresses these issues with the physician (s) and healthcare team so that patients are provided care in the most appropriate setting.
- Participate in interdisciplinary discharge planning rounds so that the patient can be transitioned to the next level of care once medically stable.
- Assist in the development of timely discharge plan to the next level of care with other healthcare team members so that continuity of care can be maintained along with the necessary orders and insurance approval obtained for these services prior to discharge
- Collaborate with the patient, family, physician, and healthcare team members to assess the individual patient’s healthcare needs and determine an individualized discharge plan.
- Assist in coordinating the patient’s care by effectively collaborating with the physician(s) and healthcare team to provide high quality care and optimize the appropriate use of healthcare resources.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Maintain knowledge base of medical conditions and how it impacts level of care and discharge planning.
- Identify delays in service and take action to prevent or minimize the delay.
- Assist with providing the patient or patient representative to follow Medicare Important Message and answer any questions related to the discharge rights.
- Maintain knowledge of resources within the community.
- Participate in family conference as needed so a transition plan can be established.
- Monitor the progression of the patient’s plan of care and respond to changes in the patient’s needs and conditions.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
0-1 Years Experience
License(s): Registered Nurse
Travel: Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.