To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Unisys Corporation • Alexandria, VA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented UI/UX Designer to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The UI/UX Designer will design and create Customer journeys and high-level screen designs (sketches/wireframes) by working closely with business owners and customers to help build the right product. Additionally, the UI/UX Designer will work integrally with the development team as a part of the larger Scrum team, throughout the development cycle to provide guidance on implementation of the designs and modify designs as requirements change. You will support a suite of mission critical web applications for a federal law enforcement agency.
The successful candidate will be able to thrive in an Agile development environment, demonstrating ability to manage both time and scope to fit tasks into quick development iterations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Employ participatory design, creative brainstorming and other techniques to collaborate with software developers, systems engineers and other product team members as part of an agile software development team
- Ensure applications are meeting IT Accessibility Standards
- Map workflows, user paths, create storyboards, wireframes, mockups, low and high fidelity prototypes and write UI specifications to support development across multiple applications and platforms
- Design graphic, icons and other visual elements as necessary
- Evaluate designs using user-centric design techniques such as UI reviews and cognitive walk-throughs
- Maintain an awareness of current trends in technology design and usability, and share this information across multiple teams
- Participate in working groups and/or meetings with application stakeholders to discuss user requirements and/or present wireframes and mockups
Education / Required Skills / Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience or equivalent
- Four years of UX design experience
- Experience delivering products that work across a range of browsers and platforms
- Experience using modern CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap and/or Material Design to deliver responsive, mobile aware products
- Understanding of 508 Accessibility standards. Experience delivering and meeting them preferred.
- Excellent understanding of the life cycle process of website development (discovery, planning, design, requirements, coding, testing, and user testing and evaluation)
- Excellent communication and writing skills (ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience).
- Experience with Lean, Agile, DevOps tools such as Atlassian Confluence, JIRA
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.