CommScope is lookingfor a seasoned professional to serve as Experienced Senior InformationTechnology (IT) Auditor for the Corporate Audit & Advisory department. The candidate will join an established team,reporting to the Technology Senior Audit Manager. He or she plays a key role inhelping to embed robust internal controls over technology and a wider role inthe review of our business. Thisposition will help manage critical aspects of the Technology Audit area of theInternal Audit department including coordination with the Financial / IT groupson Sarbanes-Oxley testing activities, execution of any technology relatedInternal Audit projects, and coordination with external auditors.
We are seekingcandidates with broad-based subject matter expertise in technology areas,including IT general computer controls, application controls and ITinfrastructure and specifically in cloud-based applications and agile softwaredevelopment. The ability to understandand review finance processes and the management control aspects is a big plus.
- Assist with audit project planning, which includes development of risk assessment, scope and budgeting of time.
- Conduct risk assessment interviews/meetings with auditbeneficiaries and key participants.
- Utilize Corporate Audit & Advisory standard projectprocesses, milestones, and templates.
- Provide subject matter expertise in IT general computer controls(e.g., logical security, change management, operations, disaster recovery),application, infrastructure areas (e.g. firewalls, operating systems,databases, etc.) and strong knowledge of information security risks.
- Identify and document Information Technology General Controls(ITGCs), application controls for business systems, and IT processes
- Define steps to analyze the design and operating effectivenessof ITGCs and application controls. Thisincludes identification of population, selection of sample, and proficiencywith computer systems.
- Analyze information and data to assess the design and operatingeffectiveness of ITGCs and application controls and identify processimprovements.
- Execute IT SOX 404 compliance engagements including, but notlimited to, testing internal control design and operating effectiveness,providing guidance to process owners, rationalizing controls, and proactivelycommunicating/tracking control improvement opportunities to completion.
- Execute audit procedures and document results of testing. This includes being familiar with auditsoftware, data interrogation tools, and documentation standards.
- Conduct interviews and take notes sufficient to understand aspecific process or system and to test assigned areas.
- Communicate nature of control deficiencies to CommScopemanagement.
- Prepare well-written audit findings, including remediationrecommendations, and submit timely to engagement management for review.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and develop the audit reportexecutive summary, prioritize audit findings, and assign appropriate riskratings.
- Complete assignments related to development of processdocumentation, tests of configuration of ERP controls, tests of electronic auditevidence (EAEs), and evaluation of reports on controls at service organizationsin support of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) framework.
- Lead audit projects demonstrating the ability to review staffaudit work to ensure it is well organized, meets test objectives, and is incompliance with appropriate workpaper documentation standards.
- Provide proactive status updates to the IT Audit leadership,Internal Audit team, IT/process owners, and external auditors. Effectively and timely communicate projectstatus in the audit plan, department schedule, and meetings.
- Demonstrate the ability to coach staff auditors and providetimely feedback on staff performance to the engagement manager.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with managementand Corporate Audit & Advisory team through individual contact andmeetings.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, includinginternal and external training, utilizing membership of professionalorganizations and sharing information with co-workers.
- Exercise discretion in the review of records to ensureconfidentiality of all matters that come to the auditor’s attention.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required in a field such as BusinessAdministration - Finance, Accounting, Computer Science / Computer InformationSystems.
- 4 years internal and/or external audit experience required, with at least 2 years project management or audit experience, with one or more of the following designations, CPA/CIA/CISA/CISM required.
- Strong knowledge of audit techniques, methodologies, and bestpractices including around Sarbanes Oxley Section 404/302 and Internal Audit.
- Strong knowledge of Internal Audit frameworks includingperforming risk assessments, creating / updating control documentation, testingcontrols, tracking deficiencies, and recommending solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within diverse teams.
- Action oriented, sets priorities, and maintains a drive forcompleting assignments.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in a variety ofsettings and styles.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and otherbusiness software applications (e.g. Microsoft products).
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and ITIL andCOBIT frameworks is preferred.
- Experience with audit tools (e.g. TeamMate), data interrogation software (e.g. IDEA) is preferred, visualization applications (e.g. Tableau, ClickView, InfoZoom), user access tools (e.g. Net IQ AGS)
- Experience with the following systems and technical platforms: SAP, Oracle, Windows, UNIX, Databases and Cloud Systems, including Oracle application knowledge
- Foreign language skills.
- Financial audit experience with large publicly-traded company or public accounting firm.
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.