Company is looking for a Vice President of Sales to lead the development and execution of all US brand sales strategies and planning in partnership with Company and DSP colleagues that result in attainment of revenue and profitability targets. Manage top line demand growth as well as being accountable for net sales performance. Ensure that resources, structures, relationships and processes enable the organization to maximize the commercial potential of all personally promoted brands. This role has direct responsibility for all US sales group leads including Heads of Sales for Psychiatry, Neurology, Respiratory and Institutional Sales, as well as Director Sales Force Optimization & Planning and Sr. Administrative Assistant.
- Lead the development and execution of annual sales plans including objectives and strategies for all brands and markets, and be accountable for identifying and coordinating cross functional support activities across field forces.
- Develop workforce plans and ensure teams are resourced appropriately with high performing talent. Lead and manage teams to maximize individual and collective performance and growth.
- Develop and present brand level reports that clearly illustrate current performance and trends, and where necessary, prescribe needed course corrections. Provide executive level interpretation of data and ensure that decisions are derived based on strong analytical rigor and deep understanding of market dynamics.
- Establish and promote positive and highly productive working partnerships with Commercial, R&D, and G&A colleagues to ensure timely coordination of activities to drive desired revenue and profitability targets.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strategic Thinking - Strong strategic thinker, able to assess a range of variables including market trends and opportunities, competition, research progress, etc., in order to craft strong near and longer term marketing strategies. Strong analytical skills combined with a strong market orientation to identify breakthrough opportunities. Demonstrated ability to take data and formulate a strategy for brands to compete successfully. Conceptual thinker with an ability to translate concepts into pragmatic operational plans. Extensive business acumen and commercial judgment.
- Sales & Marketing Expertise – Ability to foster cross-functional alignment of the sales organization with (through influence) marketing, managed markets, and operations teams to create a disciplined, ambitious and collaborative business. Adept at focusing an organization on execution and delivery, with a drive and passion for winning. Ability to build and lead high performing teams with a focus on talent selection, development and performance management. Change agent with strong ability to shape initiatives that address dynamic market environments. Product launch experience, inclusive of market assessment, launch planning, preparing internal resources, working with external stakeholders, and building interest in the marketplace. Player coach leadership personality that emphasizes “roll up your sleeves” proactive style and track record of initiating new business development activities.
- Partnership and Collaboration – Highly collaborative and adept at leveraging synergies across functions and external stakeholder groups. Strong relationship builder, skilled at exploring potential collaborations (pharmaceutical and technology companies, academia, not-for-profit organizations) as well as interact extensively with key opinion leaders and the regulatory authorities in the positioning of the products. Can work effectively in environments where cross-functional and cross-cultural collaboration on tactical as well as strategic matters occur regularly.
- Leadership Competency – Energetic, charismatic and inspirational. Keen ability to attract, motivate and develop professionals, and fuse them into a well-functioning team. Strong work ethic and an ability to inspire others to perform at a high level in a rapidly changing environment. Strong communicator with ability to clearly articulate business issues and propositions both within the company and other external constituents.
- B.A. or B.S. in Business or Science field required
- Master’s Degree/MBA strongly preferred
15+ years sales/marketing or combination of related experience in pharmaceutical industry. Previous experience with Psychiatry, Neurology and/or Respiratory therapeutics including successful product launches, leading successful high impact brand teams and driving top and bottom line growth. Widely recognized as a thought leader and effective business driver. Experience outside of sales in marketing, operations, finance, business development or other corporate functions have additive value. Experience in a parent-subsidiary environment and previous global experience desirable.