You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
DME/Pharmacy Delivery Technician - Houston, TX
If you are located within commutable distance to our office location at 8888 Interchange Dr, Houston, TX, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you with do our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:30am - 11:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and/or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Perform various warehouse duties such as shipping, receiving, picking and packing orders and general warehouse organization and cleaning in accordance with established procedures
- Load, transport and deliver properly packaged medication to scheduled customers in a safe timely manner.
- Required to handle medication and supply deliveries for the infusion pharmacy to cover the branch service area, while accepting add on deliveries required to meet business needs.
- Pre and post trip inspection on a daily basis. Any problems with vehicle is to be brought to manager’s attention.
- Conduct and present yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Observe and obey all driving and traffic laws. (speed limits, use of cell phones / texting while driving)
- Driver is responsible for routine maintenance on assigned vehicle (oil changes, washing exterior and cleanliness of interior of vehicle.
- Performs daily vehicle inspection and maintains vehicles in clean and proper working order
- Performs pick up of supplies and equipment at completion of patient therapy and completes appropriate paperwork for returned patient goods
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the branch's geographic area and be able to assess the best routes according to the delivery schedule
- Adhere to all HIPAA and confidentiality codes of ethics
- You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience within a warehouse environment
- Valid Texas Driver’s License with a clean Driving Record
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook including the ability to check, construct and reply appropriately as well as use the calendar
- Experience with Microsoft Excel including the ability to enter data, sort and filter data
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time within a 2-3 hour radius from Houston (Company Vehicle, no overnight) to Deliver Medical Equipment and Medications
- Ability to work Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30am to 11:00pm, including the flexibility to work overtime and/or weekends (occasional Saturdays)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Previous experience in a delivery / driving role
- Bilingual in English / Spanish
- Reside within commutable distance to our office location at 8888 Interchange Dr, Houston, TX
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Physical and Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical business office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Ability to Lift 10 - 25 pounds frequently and up to 60 pounds occasionally
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies required all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Business Requirements
- Medical Equipments
- Microsoft Excel
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2147293
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.