Georgetown Community Hospital
Georgetown Community Hospital is currently searching for a Patient Registrar to join our team full-time. This is a permanent position within a growing team of patient registration professionals within the Emergency Room Department. You would be greeting, conversing with, and gathering information from patients as they enter the ER and require emergency services. Your high school diploma or GED and 2 years solid work experience in customer service or healthcare are the minimal requirements for the position.
We are a community hospital dedicated to making our community healthier. This position plays a critical role in delivering high quality care! You would be the first person to greet patients, learn important information from them, walk people through the admitting/registration process and communicate that information to physicians and nursing teams. You don’t have to be a Nurse or Doctor to have an impact on people’s health. As a Registrar you have important role in delivering a positive experience for our patients.
If you have ever considered getting into the healthcare field then this is an excellent way to get started. This opens the door to a healthcare experience. Many nurses, physicians, and even executives at Georgetown have gotten their start in healthcare as a Registrar. We have a solid training program. You will learn that this is more than just greeting patients… you will have the opportunity to learn in-depth about the business of healthcare. Additionally, we have an excellent view of the hospital because we work with all departments in the building to provide support from an administrative stand-point. In all, there is a lot of opportunity from this role.
- Accurately obtain demographic information from patients and update information in the hospital IT systems.
- Provide Patients and Family Members with educational information and materials.
- Provide excellent customer service to patient and staff members.
- Obtain appropriate signatures as well as explanations of such signatures.
- Verify all insurance information and obtaining pre-cert/authorization when required by insurance.
- Ensure all information obtained in the registration interview, is communicated with the nursing staff or ancillary department staff members.
- Collect upfront copays/coinsurances from patients
- Participate in Staff and Quality Improvement meetings.
- Verify Insurance and notify patient of their expected out of pocket expense.
- Make appropriate Status changes on Patients for all Departments
- Answering of the PBX transferring calls to appropriate location as well as calling of codes within hospital in a professional manner.
- Smiling and providing caring customer service.
- High school graduate or GED preferred
- 2 years solid work experience in Customer Service or Healthcare field
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
We offer a complete benefits package including health, life, dental, vision, 4 weeks of vacation, and more. Ask us about our Tuition Reimbursement program and close free-parking. We are conveniently located just 12 minutes from New Circle Road on the Lexington side of Georgetown.
Join us! See why Georgetown Community Hospital has received the highest national marks in patient safety. See why these national recognitions are a testament to our core values of providing high quality, safe and compassionate care.
Apply directly to this job posting and we will reach out to you as soon as possible. We look forward to connecting with you!LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.