Job ID: X-R001151About Us
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
XOS is a world leader in elemental analysis instrumentation and is a part of Danaher Corporation. The individual in this position will leverage their engineering skills to manage customized product offerings specifically related to our On-Line Petroleum Process Analyzer product line. The individual must be highly motivated and capable of defining custom orders and designing solutions, while executing procurement and manufacturing support to ensure products meet customer specifications. This individual will also be required to support Quality and Process Engineering initiatives including executing permanent countermeasures relating to resolution of internal and external quality defects.
The Quality & Process Engineering Team is a diverse group of associates with varied backgrounds in engineering and science. Specific to this role, the Team is looking to add an associate with a background in Mechanical Engineering (ME). This individual will apply knowledge of ME principles and techniques to troubleshoot, model, design, specify, and/or verify electro-mechanical systems and subsystems to ensure the highest quality products ship to our customers. In addition, this individual will also provide skilled support to technicians, engineers, and scientists throughout the organization as needed.
• Takes a lead design roll on customized, engineered to order system and sub system components. Designs, modifies, develops, and implements electromechanical designs and assemblies for production as well owns major deviations, problem resolution, and can lead in unknown territory.
• Owns Project management and execution of On-line process analyzers including the procurement of components (purchased & designed) needed to complete the systems or sub systems contracted by the customer. Responsible for providing training and documentation to the production team to ensure products are built correctly and on time.
• Creates detailed engineering drawings, Bill of Materials, test reports, and product validation plans.
• Owns and maintains hazardous deployment certifications such as C1D2 and ATEX.Communicates directly or indirectly with end users to communicate design and/or quality related information, both to get design approval and/or troubleshoot quality issues.
• Owns and participates in Visual Management (VM) and demonstrates personal workstation VM that supports project execution from definition to delivery to the customer. Takes ownership of the VM and reports them up to the Product Manager and Quality & Process Engineering Manager on an agreed upon schedule.
• This individual will own the Engineering Change Order (ECO) process and will create/maintain visual management to ensure EC closure maintains agreed upon cadence. This individual will own EC prioritization and will assign ECs to others and provide project management to ensure other team members complete tasks on time.
• Contributes to the Quality Alert Bulletin (QAB) process and burn-down open QABs to sustainable levels.
Critical Success Factors: (List of competencies/behaviors needed for this position)
• The ideal candidate possesses superior problem-solving skills, is detail- and process-oriented, and demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively in difficult situations across the organization.
• The ability to drive process rigor, accountability, and execution both personally and with the Quality Team.
• Possesses a proactive, entrepreneurial mindset and drives continuous improvement across all areas of responsibility.
• Has a sense of urgency and understands the impact of missed deadlines and poor quality on the success of the entire organization.
• Shows excellent cross-functional communication skills both up and down and deals with organizational conflict in a productive and effective manner.
X-Ray Optical Systems (XOS) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Required Skills/Experience: (List of required skills and experience to perform this position)
• 8+ years experience in an engineering position preferably fluid controls & engineered to order
• Must be able to work in a fast paced demand driven environment
• Excellent 3-D CAD modeling and hands-on aptitude. Proficient in rapid prototyping/modeling using various materials.
• Understands and is capable of learning complex fluid systems
• Excellent Electromechanical design concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Excellent with design of experiments, statistics, and data collection.
• Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills including ability to explain technical information to non-technical persons.
• Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work well with all levels of personnel individually and in a team environment.
• Uses good judgement in interpreting and adapting guidelines such as policies, regulations, precedents, and work directions for application to specific cases or problems.
Desired Skills/Experience: (List of valued, but not required skills and experience)
• Experience with Hazardous deployment restrictions such as C1D2 and ATEX
• Proficiency in PLC’s, experience with micro-controllers, embedded controllers, controls networking, and electro-mechanical systems is desired.
• Python, Arduino, C, R
Education (List of required Education, Certifications, Training)
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering.
<5% of overnight travel required for the position.
Key Relationships:Danaher Corporation Overview
Individuals in this position will have ongoing interaction and communications with the following:
• Operations – Daily interaction with Operations Team to meet production schedules and to deal with any quality issues.
• Purchasing – Daily updates on supplier quality issues and resolution.
• Service – Daily communication with Technical Service Team regarding customer issues, especially warranty failures.
• Quality – Daily interaction with Quality Team regarding open quality issues and open actions to get to root-cause resolution.
• Sales – As needed communication with the Sales Team to give updates on quality issues affecting shipments and to prepare customer-facing material on any issues customers
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.